I have an Executive MBA and over ten years experience financial planning & analysis, financial operations, accounting and internal control. I have comprehensive skills in budgeting, forecasting, P&L management, Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls. I am fluent in English and Spanish.
Apr 2009 - Present
Iberia FVC Consolidation Senior Analyst
· Preparing, analyzing and explaining variances on Iberia FVC consolidated reports.
·MI development and standardization across the SPU
·Preparation and delivery of Iberia FVC Annual Plan process and any other process linked with Plan forecasting.
·Carry out detailed analysis for specific aspects of the plans and provide insights for comparisons and ongoing forecasts.
·Preparing ad hoc analysis and reports for scenario planning, trending and to support specific SPU initiatives.
·Work closely with SPU strategy team.
Jun 2007 - Apr 2009
Fuels Marketing Controller
- Responsible for the efficient delivery of Finance activities across the Fuels Marketing Business Unit in Spain and maintaining an effective and efficient financial reporting as well as necessary local controls.
- Act as primary face of Finance for the Fuels Marketing business, providing assurance that FC&A accountabilities and processes are being effectively discharged in country and represent the function in Country business teams.
- Establishing, maintaining and monitoring an effective and efficient system of internal control across the BU in country.
Jun 2005 - Jun 2007
Chief Accountant & Internal Control Manager
- Responsible for all accounting processes, generating the control procedures for financial assurance in all operations.
- Meet all reporting requirements for consolidation with BP in monthly and quarterly closings of Accounts, as well as to produce the Annual Accounts and Statutory Accounting Books according to Spanish legislation.
- Provide support to external/internal financial and control audits as well as Tax Audits
- Production of financial reports, statements of account and management information as requested, understanding the accounting implications.
- Responsible for providing assurance about processes and internal control procedures, Sarbanes Oxley documents and verifications and testing processes and fraud reporting
- Giving support on any business driven initiative.
Jan 2002 - Jan 2005
AMS Management Systems
- Analysis, planning and forecasting of all direct and indirect costs.
- Forecast and analysis of budget variances and proposal of solutions for its correction.
- Preparing financial reports and analysing financial data for support of project managers.
- Providing business managers with monthly analysis, risk and forecast information.
- Responsible for the generation of the Profit and Loss account at a Regional level.
- Defining the accounting methodology to be used for projects
Aug 1999 - Jan 2002
Hewlett Packard Spain
- Through understanding of the project business, providing financial support within HP policies and guidelines to project managers and customers as requested.
- Ensuring the compliance of US GAAPS and Local GAAPS.
- Exchanging information with other department specialists (e.g. tax, legal, etc.) to support project managers on solving project issues.
- Responsible of project revenue, costs and profitability control.
- Participates in post-project reviews and recommends administrative process improvements.
2007 - 2009
The Executive MBA at IESE is internationally-focused and bilingual (Spanish-English)