A highly accomplished senior executive with proven leadership, management, and communication skills. Over 20 years of CIO/Senior Management experience in strategic planning, budgeting, and successful large project delivery track record. Proficient in effecting organizational change at all levels, and establishing collaborative work environments. Very adept at building and retaining highly skilled and motivated staffs.
Mar 2007 - Jun 2009
VP, Executive Director of Technology, Enterprise Business Development Manager
As Executive Director of Technology, responsible for the implementation and management of the Enterprise Business Development division (which has included the PMO, Business Analysis, Business Process Management, Configuration Management, and QA) for a Fortune 1000, $65 billion asset mortgage and investment firm, specializing in the origination and securitization of jumbo and super jumbo home mortgages. Significant accomplishments:
- Managed the development and implementation of the Enterprise PMO, including the collaborative development of Thornburg’s first SDLC Methodology.
- Established a Change Advisory Board, managed development of its related controls and processes, and directed the IT organization to its first controlled and approved production deployments.
- Served as chair of the Project Steering Committee, re-engineered the committee membership and processes, establishing order and process to its previous disorganization.
- Managed the acquisition, contract negotiations, and successful implementation of the SS&C Lightning/CAMRA asset management and trading desk systems.
- Working with President of Thornburg Mortgage Home Loans, created and established a multi-million dollar major program (consisting of 8 project streams) to overhaul the existing loan operations systems. Functioned as Enterprise Architect for the program, conceptualizing new Enterprise Service Bus architecture project for the program.
- Managed the IT Risk Analysis and Audit for the corporation.
- Managed the Information Technology audit process.
- Requested to step in at 11th hour on un-managed move to a new campus location for Thornburg, and successfully managed the move of all of Thornburg’s employees and systems in six weeks.
Mar 2002 - Dec 2006
Chief Information Officer
Axis Mortgage & Investments
Responsible for the management and strategic direction of all Information Technology initiatives for Axis Mortgage (Retail & Wholesale Lending) through a significant growth and expansion stage. Significant accomplishments:
- Managed program to integrate 8 distinct branch mortgage origination systems into a single, centralized Loan Origination System for the entire corporation.
- Managed successful implementation of major new Loan Origination system.
- Successfully managed numerous application and infrastructure improvement projects:
- Converted company WAN infrastructure from 7 distinct LANs loosely connected to a centralized, VPN environment, providing secure, remote access available to all employees.
- Successful implementation of new firewall/security program for company.
- Significantly upgraded corporate hardware infrastructure and server farms, including remote branches, and implemented a comprehensive backup and DR plan for the company. MS server and Exchange server upgrades.
- Successful development, management and deployment of 3 major web initiatives - Wholesale Lending website, new B2B Broker Portal, and new company Intranet.
May 1997 - Mar 2002
AZ Mortgage Companies and Washington, D.C. Non-Profit Organization
- Managed all aspects of rapidly expanding mortgage company’s technology and telecommunications in an aggressive implementation environment. Developed & implemented a new strategic plan to include deployment of a new nationwide Cisco-based WAN connecting the Phoenix home office and approximately 20 branch offices. Managed the implementation of new Great Plains Financial system.
- Retained to develop new, strategic technology direction for nationwide non-profit organization. Developed a new 5-year strategic plan, revamping application and infrastructure. Rebuilt the IT staff, renewed employee morale and teamwork, and implemented new project management methodology for the organization. Managed implementation of new MS SQL-based financial systems, an ICR scanning system, other internally developed MS SQL and Access based systems, and completed rebuilding of the organization’s technical infrastructure.
- Managed successful 28 day nation-wide frame relay implementation project and major Citrix re-engineering project for large national mortgage company.
Dec 1991 - May 1997
President & CEO
Pinnacle Information Systems, Inc.
Established and managed a technology sales and consulting firm, specializing in providing strategic planning and network consulting expertise to small and medium sized companies, primarily in the mortgage banking industry. In addition, the firm offered custom database programming and development.
In 1994 I received the “Affiliate of the Year” Award, presented by the National Association of Mortgage Brokers. Also contributed as the technology editor/columnist for The National Mortgage Broker magazine.
Apr 1987 - Nov 1991
Senior Vice President, Management Information Systems
Wesav Mortgage Corporation
Responsible for the establishment, management, and budgeting of the MIS Department for a newly created mortgage company. Responsible for the development of strategic plans to provide for the corporation's significant growth plans. The company expanded to a nationwide network of computerized branches, and from $0 to $2.4 billion in loan servicing in 4 years. In addition, was assigned various responsibilities outside of the MIS area, including operational and financial management issues. Significant accomplishments:
- Implementation of networked home office and nationwide branch systems/networks, new LOS and Servicing systems in first 90 days.
- Completed 16 servicing conversions to DataLink system totaling $1.2 billion in 15 months, plus the conversion of 25,000 loan Western Savings portfolio.
- Successful management of the conversion of all Western Savings’ (parent company) Residential Lending divisions into Wesav Mortgage.
- Successfully negotiated for the use of the mortgage company’s excess compensating balances with Mellon Bank to eliminate DataLink service bureau charges of approximately $480,000 per year.
- Successful establishment of new controlled disbursement accounts for the accounts payable and escrow disbursement accounts, which earned additional interest income of ≈$100,000 per year.