Producer / Production Supervisor
The Animation Show
The Animation Show started as a theatrical release and as it evolved was produced in
a variety of formats for DVD, TV and Digital Download via MTV. Working directly with
filmmaker Mike Judge, our team annually compiled a film release of the world's greatest
- Production - Directly managing the show schedule, budget, reporting and implementation.
- Preproduction -Develop ideal theme and tone for annual tour while setting budget and schedule for the theatrical, DVD, TV and DDTO (iTunes)
- Production - oversee a tight schedule as commissioned and licensed work was delivered from filmmakers all over the world, while managing a staff of twelve.
- Post Production - Monitor all post production work from color correction to final digital transfer. Included corresponding with filmmakers and labs for film materials in a variety of formats and conditions.
- Content Acquisition - Annually writing and negotiating contracts with filmmakers encompassing licensed and commissioned work for various platforms.
- Responsible for ongoing research and development of animation media, including scouring thousands of short films for the world's greatest animation. Traveled to dozens of film festivals and have obtained a comprehensive understanding of the world of indie animation.
- Lead the licensing team to broker terms with hundreds of artists for various media outlets. Maintain a detailed understanding of licensing rates for short film content across all platforms.
- Select artists for commissioned work resulting in short film content that won critical acclaim and huge viral audiences online.
- Distribution - Booking and negotiating rental agreements for the theatrical film and overseeing distribution annually in 200 plus venues.
- Accountable for steadily increasing theatrical revenue through negotiating rental agreements with theater owners.
- Assess with investors the need to distribute the show digitally converting away from 35mm in the third film release.
- Responsible for collection 99% of all box office revenue in with venues ranging from major art house release to small campus screenings.
- Marketing - Charged with developing marketing plans and strategies for distribution. Design marketing materials for release and overseeing production of all materials.
- Annually organizing a comprehensive marketing plan for theatrical and DVD releases for spending in print, online and television outlets.
- Place ad buys for print and online outlets and negotiating sponsorship collaborations with Cartoon Network for television placement.
- Lead a grassroots street teams in 25 cities with flyer and poster campaigns.
- Implement viral marketing through e-mail blasts and newsletters via Animationshow.com
- Social Media Build - Responsible for developing and implementing strategies for Animation Show's complete social media platforms.
- Created micro sites for the Animation Show in dozens of social media communities.
- Accountable for growing show e-mail lists to encompass tens of thousands of subscribers.
- Advanced our brand by involving it in premiere festivals around the world.
- Public Relations - Handling all press relations for theatrical tours and DVD releases.
- Schedule filmmaker interviews, writing press releases, and delivering materials (screeners, images, bios) to press outlets
- Lead live events with filmmaker Q&A's in 25 cities across North America annually.
- Serve as the public face of the show answering fan questions and e-mails regarding Mike Judge and other show filmmakers.