My objective is to join an organization that can utilize my skills & knowledge to assist them in delivering enterprise business solutions through information technology management.
2008 - Present
IT Manager, Operations
General Mills Canada Corp.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, managed all IT Operations, including infrastructure, data center, help desk, security and disaster recovery activities.
- Realizing the need to reorganize IT Operations, presented and gained approval for realigned job descriptions, recruitment and resource assignment. The realignment of resources to accountabilities and responsibilities resulted in a high performance and responsive team.
- Implemented new communications equipment and negotiated with major telecommunication provider to increase network and application performance by 30% in the first 3 months.
- Designed, architected and implemented an Incident/Request Management process built on ITIL incident management process. Utilizing the Remedy tool, this endeavour established the first service level objectives for the team and significantly improved service to the business.
- Gained senior management approval of documented Disaster Recovery/Business Continuance and led the team that implementation and tested the disaster recovery site.
- Through innovation, eliminated HP laser printers and opted for all-in-one copiers which eliminated maintenance contracts, toner and paper resulting in savings of approximately $50,000 per year.
2001 - 2004
IT Manager, SAP & Business Process
General Mills Canada Corp
Reporting to the Director Information Technology, managed SAP ERP transaction and business process requirements for the Canada Division.Selected Accomplishments;
- With the introduction of Sarbanes Oxley, coordinated SOX technical audits and performed changes to SAP security which ensured segregation of duties compliance through separation of duties and mitigation by ensuring process controls were in place.
- Coordinated with the U.S. head office and with a team of Canadian business power users, performed integration testing for the Canadian operation. Mitigated all risks for the post implementation update of SAP transactions.
- Working with business teams and ECCNet/GS1 industry led initiative, developed an electronic interface that populated a central standardized product information database. This reduced the cost significantly resulting from errors that existed in the manual paper process.
- Provided support for 3rd party contract manufacturers by coordinating access to corporate SAP ERP via vendor portal and security assignment. This allowed transactions to be recorded directly into SAP via an SAP portal in real time thereby eliminating EDI batch interfacing.
1997 - 2001
Manager, Information Technology Canada
General Mills Canada Corp.
Reporting to the VP Finance, managed all IT requirements for the Canada Division including IT Operations, Systems Development, application support, quality assurance and enterprise data management. Maintained a high level of employee retention, morale, and focus on successful accomplishment of key business objectives.Selected Accomplishments;
- As the primary interface to the business for all IT requirements, planned IT technical direction and prepared operating and capital budgets for the IT Department.·Managed three successful moves which resulted in minimal to no impact to the business.
- Successfully integrated best practices and systems during company merger accelerating systems integration within a one year period, which significantly benefited the business through one unified face to the customer strategy.
- Led a dynamic team that planned updating of business tools including PCs, Office Suite, 3rd party applications such as AC Nielsen applications and divisional reporting and applications. The team planned such that applications, operating systems and infrastructure were all in sync.
- Eliminated legacy equipment and transitioned to a multi tier server environment.This was accomplished through a complete application rewrite, introduction of a new reporting environment and transition prior to move to a new building.
- Managed high levels of retention through creation of a challenging environment including ongoing learning and adoption of new technology.This, with a utilization of contractors during peak development periods increased employee satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
- Introduced strategy of leasing desktops and laptops. Through negotiation and choosing an appropriate vendor, this resulted in savings to the corporation approximately $25,000 per year.
1994 - 1997
IT Manager, Systems Development
Gerneral Mills Canada Corp.
Reporting to the Manager Information Systems, provided leading edge expert advice to business teams, technical leadership, direction and guidance in conjunction with business and customer requirements.
- Led the analysis, design and implementation of key applications to support the local and national networks. Created business cases for new systems and technology.
- Introduced first multi tier server environment utilizing SQL and VB.During this time worked with the business to develop test and implement a promotion tracking and volume forecasting system.
- Acted as lead for the Canada Division, engaged with sales, marketing and finance to architect a complex trade and forecasting solution, resulting in the estimating and tracking execution of a sales and promotion system.The system was Canada’s first successful endeavour into multi-tier Microsoft environment utilizing SQL Server and VB.The project was delivered on time and with minimal incident.