Exceptional writer and editor with a strong background producing a wide range of marketing materials, including Web copy, direct mail pieces, case studies, video scripts, blog entries, brochures, webinars, flash banners, newsletters, and more. Skilled communicator and collaborator. Proven ability to work with internal teams – from concept to stakeholder approval.
Jun 2010 - Present
Senior Writer and Editor
- Serve as the company’s Sr. editorial strategist, develop and edit content submitted by multiple business units, and ensure message consistency and writing quality.
- Provide editorial oversight for corporate website, writing, editing, and publishing new content – from campaign landing pages to UI text.
- Manage social media sites, maintain editorial calendar, and determine when and what content posts to different channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
Nov 2009 - Jun 2010
Web Editor [contract position]
- Served as senior writer for company’s e-commerce website, working organization-wide to ensure timely, relevant, and accurate Web content.
- Wrote and edited content for emails, product collateral, banner ads, and other materials in support of key marketing and sales initiatives.
- Ensured that all Web marketing materials aligned with strategic objectives and conformed to positioning and messaging guidelines.
Aug 2008 - Sep 2009
Strategic Content Manager
- Conceptualized and created original content for Web-based initiatives, including email/direct response campaigns, banner advertising, microsites, and webinars.
- Worked with executive team to research and draft speeches, analyst presentations, positioning documents, and other strategic communications.
- Managed external freelance writing and editing resources, providing creative direction, managing timelines, and reviewing work.
Nov 2006 - Aug 2008
Managing Editor, HP Software
- Served as “roving reporter” for three business units, creating thought-leadership articles, videos, executive presentations, messaging decks, blog entries, and more.
- Managed editorial content for HP Software websites, adjusting messages, creating new Web pages, updating Flash promos, and defining navigation and taxonomy.
- Optimized Google Adwords pay-per-click campaigns, and maintained SEO plan resulting in several top search engine keyword rankings.
Oct 2004 - Nov 2006
Editor, Corporate Marketing
- Set direction for corporate writing efforts, developing templates and style guides and providing editorial guidance for strategic marketing activities.
- Created high-profile external communications, including press backgrounders, brochures, white papers, and corporate advertising deliverables.
- Owned and maintained the editorial calendar for mercury.com, ensuring a consistent voice, branding, and personality throughout the site.
Apr 2003 - Oct 2004
Navajo Advertising & PR
- Served as lead agency writer for IBM’s WebSphere case study program, eliciting insights and perceptions from high-profile customers for success stories.
- Developed high-impact content extolling the business benefits of IBM WebSphere and DB2 product lines.
- Created a wide variety of marketing content for Sun, including brochures, data sheets, Web copy, direct mail pieces, and other deliverables.
May 2002 - Mar 2003
Sr. Marketing Manager [contract position]
- Managed strategic direction of internal staff and external agencies for consistency of brand and product positioning for all outbound communications.
- Developed successful customer acquisition and retention programs, including webcasts, email blasts, banner ads, and newsletters.
- Produced copy for packaging, marketing collateral, events, direct mail, and corporate identity materials.
Dec 2000 - Jan 2002
- Conceptualized, wrote, and designed marketing materials targeted at prospective customers, industry analysts, and press outlets.
- Defined a compelling message for Orsus and applied it to all external/internal communications, including company website, collateral, and presentations.
- Worked with internal teams to prepare and publish newsletters, videos, press releases, bylines, internal communications and other company literature.