UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
Master Business Administration
Lubin School of Business
Pace University, NY
Bachelor of Arts
Fordham University, NY
2014 - Present
Working as an independent consultant providing supervised legal assistance to a small law firm as well as management consulting to a nonprofit and private sector clients. .
Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
Law Office of Stephen A. Shechtel
Worked on DUI, Domestic Violence, Probate, and Family Law matters.
2007 - May 2014
- Responsible for the management and operation of AHAA and its six subsidiary organizations.
- Diversified the organization to better serve the needs of the diverse populations in need of homeownership;
- Received a grant of over $8 million from the District of Columbia to develop a 106 unit affordable housing project;
- Solicited, received, and implemented a grant of $500,000 to provide homebuyer education in communities throughout the country;
- Developed assets to over $4. 7 million (28% increase), operating budget to $2. 2 million (76% increase) and a network of more than 50, 000 individuals, families, and professionals(100% increase) committed to successful homeownership.
- Conducted legislative outreach to Congress, states and local legislatures.
2003 - 2007
Executive Vice President/COO
- Reduced operating expenses by 40% over three years;
- Established state-the-art customer Call Center;
- Automated business processes thus decreasing turnaround time by 88%;
- Implemented fraud detection system to prevent erroneous wire transfers;
- Increased number of outreach representatives and improved national coordination and communication; and
- Improved the brand awareness about the mission and services.
1996 - 1999
Vice President/Associate Director
Center for Youth Development and Policy Research
Responsible for the development and management of Youth, Family and Community Development strategies, including analysis of children and youth budgets and space and transportation policies, facilitating Community YouthMapping efforts nationwide and in Europe, and implementing local YouthLines.
2001 - 2003
Senior Manager (Management Consultant)
BCA Washington, DC
Responsible for managing and directing engagements for Federal, state and local governments; quasi- government corporations; and private sector corporate clients in the areas of:
- Business Process Re- Engineering, Organization Review and Assessments, System Implementation, Documenting System Policies and Procedures.
- Significant engagements included:
- serving as transitional Vice-President of IT for a national nonprofit organization,
- as Project Manager for a Fixed Asset Survey, a Facility Inventory, a Redundancy Study for Regional Incident Communication Center System, a Strategic Plan for Youth Opportunity Grant Program, a Organizational Efficiency Review and Audit, and Corporate and Nonprofit Development initiatives.
1999 - 2001
DC Parks and Recreation
A Mayoral appointed cabinet level official, serving as chief executive officer for department with $30 million operating budget, $25 million capital budget and 589 employees. Accomplishments include:
- developing Urban Park Ranger and Youth Ambassador programs,
- establishing twenty-six computer learning centers,
- conducting first comprehensive risk assessment study and developing abatement plan,
- improving customer service through increased hours of operation, creation of seventy-seven Recreation Center Advisory Councils and an interactive website; establishing 250 new child care slots,
- developing Junior Life Guard program;
- renovating or replacing forty-three playgrounds; and
- improving agency-wide technology and communication capability.
- Served as Mayor's representative on the board of the DC Sports and Entertainment Commission