Store Manager (2016-2019) Shift Supervisor (2014-2016) Barista (2013-2014)
Starbucks Coffee Company
- Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together.
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Displays a customer comes first attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store partners to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution:
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure partner development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations
- Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners and minors.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store. Tools include Automated Labor Scheduling, Monthly Status Report, Quarterly Business Review, cash management and inventory management.
- Uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute district and regional initiatives.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
Partner Development & Team Building:
- Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Actively manages store partners by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manages ongoing partner performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with partners in the district by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Ensures team members adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team resulting in an environment where partners are valued and respected.