15642 Operated CNC Mills & Lathes. Some experience editing CNC Mills, Lathe
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Inspect sample work pieces to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Start lath or turning machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met.
- Crank machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearances, and tolerances.
- Replace worn tools, and sharpen dull cutting tools and dies using bench grinders or cutter-grinding machines.
- Turn valve handles to direct the flow of coolant onto work areas or to coat disks with spinning compounds.
- Mount attachments, such as relieving or tracing attachments, to perform operations such as duplicating contours of templates or trimming work pieces.
- Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.