Hewlett-Packard, $126B global IT leader with 300,000 employees
US Sales Operations Director 2010 - Present
Led the US sales operations of the $1B Networking division of HP. Brought on board to build a sales operational foundation to enable scaling a high growth business that was being integrated from it's 3COM acquisition in to HP's Enterprise Servers, Storage & Networking (ESSN) business.
- Led a team of regional sales operations leads, Siebel and big deal managers across the US supporting 3 regions and 14 districts focused on the multi-channel Networking sales business of global, commercial, emerging growth, state/local/education, and federal accounts.
- Developed a weekly forecasting process and tool to consistently roll up revenue forecast/upside and bookings across the regions from the the Rep to District Manager, to Regional Director, to VP.
- Led the quota allocation and deployment process across the regional and district teams down to the rep level, leveraging total addressable market data and baseline by account, across distinct product groups while aligning shared networking quota with other BUs.
- Led the rollout of customized Siebel training for the field sales and managment teams focused on business standards and best practices to insure consistency in reporting and compliance.
- Developed the Account and Territory assignment data structure and management process for sales rep assignments and cross-BU alignment across the US.
- Led the process for consistently reporting the status of Proof of Concept customer trials across the Americas from the implementation to field sales teams for weekly executive reviews.
- Developed the expedite process for identification of orders across the Americas requiring improved delivery from supply chain to meet customer and revenue needs.
- Active contributor in executive quarterly business reviews, weekly business planning, and regular collaborator with leadership teams across Sales, Marketing, Engineering/SA, Channel, Services, Finance, HR, Compensation, Supply Chain, and other BUs.
Avaya, $4B global communications leader with 17,000 employees
Technical Sales Director 2006 - 2009
Led the technical sales in the Southeast supporting a team of Systems Engineers with a $200M+ quota for IP Telephony, Contact Centers and Unified Communications solutions, focused on transitioning support from design generation to customer-facing technical consulting, briefings, application demos, and escalation engagement. Rolled out Avaya applications demo training and UC applications to all SEs to increase their application demo skills with customers.
- Identified skills and competencies needed for high performance teams and delivered hands-on and web-based Sales/Technical training for customer facing engineers and consultants that increased their value, better prepared them to win, and increased their job satisfaction.
- Defined specific team goals and individual quarterly objectives to deliver results aligned with our strategic objectives that resulted in better individual and team performance.
- Developed best practices for technical sales reporting and coaching, opportunity coverage models, and rules of engagement that maximized operational effectiveness across the sales and technical teams and drove greater visibility of top opportunities and linearity of revenue results.
- Developed team competency with certifications in Cisco, Extreme, Juniper, Microsoft and others, designing and deploying enterprise-wide highly reliable IP Telephony solutions over mostly Cisco networks.
- Championed Avaya's national Customer Trial Program for Sales, providing oversight as gatekeeper for approval of all product trial requests for technical solution viability and readiness that more tightly managed expenses and increased success of trials.
- Leveraged a diverse and unique set of sales, engineering, services and operations personnel across 14 states aligned to win as a team with high customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Successful ISO 9001 certification training for sales engineers that led to certification.
Applications Sales Director 2004 - 2006
Led the applications sales business for the Southeast to a #1 position in North America in IP Telephony, Contact Centers, Messaging and Professional Services, achieving over 130% of a $60M applications quota. Supported a team of Application Sales Specialists driving sales strategies, targeted customer focused seminars, sales readiness and strategic partner alliances.
- Developed a Converged Communications framework that became a sales model for consultants to position customer technology roadmaps that was adopted across the region for several years and accelerated the over achievement of application revenues.
- Led customer education initiatives on software development best practices and trends based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, SIP, Web 2.0, virtualization, hosting and maximizing e-commerce B2C and B2B with multi-channel interactions and business analytics.
- Hosted and presented at numerous executive events, customer user group conferences, sales and training events delivering corporate messages creating greater customer intimacy and motivation of the sales channels.
- Worked closely aligned with SI/SPs like AT&T/BellSouth, Verizon, IBM and other alliance partners along with internal groups - Sales, Services, Marketing, HR, IT, Finance, Legal, Logistics, Training and R&D, supporting customers globally (APAC, CALA, EMEA) in a multi-channel sales model.
- Partnered with OEM and development partners like Nice, Verint, Witness, Nuance, Viecore, Polycom and others in providing complete integrated solutions.
- Chaired the Technical Sales Performance Management task team that developed best practices for Technical Sales Performance Management that were adopted across North America.
- Collaborated with local consultants on the creation of geographic call center customer user groups to nurture a strong customer advocacy for our solutions and the industry that built a strong customer loyalty and testimonial customer base.
Sales Operations Director (Regional COO) 2001 - 2004
Ran the sales operations of a $250M product and services business for the Southeast region as the SVP's right hand. Managed the revenue outlooks, sales quota, MBO targets, headcount, territory/account assignments, market intelligence, talent acquisition, performance reporting, expense/compensation management, sales process rollout, and monthly/quarterly reviews. Additionally, managed the region SEs, Applications Sales Consultants, and Sales Administrators.
- Managed the business and culture on five KPIs - Revenue growth, Market Share growth, Margin, Customer Satisfaction, and Associate Satisfaction delivering on financial targets with strong customer loyalty and high employee morale.
- Recruited and conducted in-depth interviews for Sales Directors, Sales Managers, Sales/Technical and Operations support personnel resulting in upgrading much of the talent and building an "A" team with the needed skills to lead and grow the changing business.
- Developed and delivered nationally Sales Funnel Management training for sales managers on how to manage their opportunity funnels and teams to high performance, based on best in-class practices and Siebel metrics that helped improve funnel accuracy.
- Led the Sales organization's emergency response operations for impacted customers throughout the Southeast during hurricane seasons as the national Sales Champion for Avaya's Emergency Response Team that provided business continuity and increased customer loyalty.
- Developed fiscal year revenue plans and expense budget with Finance; participated in quarterly operations reviews with the executive team that covered the progress, challenges, and recommendations for the business.
- Developed and rolled out a Weekly Sales & Activity Reporting model integrated to Siebel data with automatic rollup to Sales Manager, Sales VP and Regional VP that enabled visibility of Sales, Outlook, Upside and Activity by sales rep and sales team against target run rate.
Lucent Technologies, $20B global communications provider with 137,000 employees
Converged Technologies Director 1999 - 2001
Branch Sales Manager 1998 - 1999
AT&T, $30B global communications provider with 48,000 employees
Emerging Technologies Sales Specialist 1993 - 1998