- Special Olympics Volunteer
- Youth Athletics
- Basketball Officiating
- Tennis, Golf, Running, and overall physical fitness
- Enjoy quiet beach time with family and friends.
- Attending Georgia Football games in the fall
- Reading about trends in Technology and attending Technology Conferences.
Senior role in a dynamic organization seeking strategic IT leadership
Information Technology Executive
- Reduced the annual IT budget from $35million to $10 million by reducing headcount from 150 to 30, which included the elimination of all contractors and consultants, outsourcing infrastructure, and renegotiation of all vendor contracts.
- Established a steering committee and governance mechanisms to keep IT and the business jointly accountable for linking technology to help drive business strategy.
- Developed and implemented strategy to standardize on companywide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, reducing cost of operation by $2 million annually.
- Deployed SAP ERP systemsin four manufacturing locations in 90 day intervals, transitioning from legacy non-standard ERP systems.
- Deployed corporate (VoIP) phone system, which saved $250K annually and provided improved efficiency and flexibility in using corporate data network for voice services.
- Integrated Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with corporate ERP System to provide more holistic view of purchasing, credit, accounting, supply chain management and manufacturing planning. This provided greater agility and better data to aid in decision making and forecasting.
- Implemented data warehouse to provide executives with sales, operations, and financial reporting.
- Implemented key ERP system modules at six manufacturing plant locations and a research and development center, which improved manufacturing accuracy by 20% and reduced costs by 15%.
Management Consultant/Professional Services
- Successfully aligned regional project managers to streamline project management processes worldwide (24 countries, 400 consultants), eliminating project schedule conflicts and minimizing project delays.
- Implemented financial process improvements (e.g., analytics, exception reporting) to ensure team delivery of the program on time and within budget.
- Provided guidance to the financial teams regarding monthly project forecasts, baseline staffing, exception reporting, and analytics.
- Implemented project tracking tool to integrate and standardize project management methodology and project dashboard reporting for all phases of the project.
- Oversaw vendor relationships to insure compliance with staffing requirements by establishing weekly metric review meetings with vendors, sourcing groups, and Human Resources.
- Served as a member of the outsourcing vendor selection team.
- Maintained communications and working relationships with IT, Operations, Legal, Sales, Finance and other critical departments for input and resolution of program issues.
- Led the global project management office in the design and development of "Leading Successful Teradata Projects" course, used to train 500+ project managers on the technical aspects of Data Warehouse implementations.
- Deployed requirements and testing best practices as a part of global methodology process improvements.
- Participated as a key team member in the deployment of project start-up/close-out governance process improvements.
- Led the design and development of Global Project Performance Improvements (Lessons Learned) Plan to foster continuous improvement by capturing and learning from project mistakes and successes.
- Performed health check and start-up/close-out support for Fortune 500 company projects in Americas and Europe/MiddleEast/Africa regions.
Business Software Development and Product Management
Spearheaded the sales, marketing, research and development, implementation, and support of software products specializing in the retail and manufacturing consumer products industry. Approved all sales forecasting, annual budget, and sales/marketing strategies.
- Developed an implementation methodology which differentiated software products as "off the shelf" solutions from services products with business requirements, design and development phases. This methodology helped to clarify project deliverable and cost and increased customer satisfaction.
- Led project planning for the release of new version of forecasting and vendor managed inventory software product.
- Reviewed and approved all system architecture designs, which included the use of multidimensional databases, on-line analytical processing, and data warehouse integration.
Led the technology direction and development for all business applications, which included order management, inventory control, manufacturing, inventory planning, purchasing, and financial systems. Supervised a staff of 75 people.
- Developed project methodology program to ensure "on-time/within budget" tracking.
- Implemented national language and multiple-currency support for all business applications by aligning with language translation partners and defining a quality assurance and support process.
- Served on Supply Chain Management Steering Committee responsible for defining JIT business requirements.
- Increased services division revenue from $1.5 million to $5 million in one year by improving implementation methodology and quality control processes and aligning with the sales organization.
- Coordinated the successful implementation of all services division software modification projects including worldwide order processing, inventory control, manufacturing, and financial systems for large international client including multiple-currency and multiple-language support capabilities.
Named to the InformationWeek 500 list of Top Technology Innovators.
Senior Information Technology executive with domestic and international experience serving as a strategic member of corporate leadership teams. Strong business and technology acumen including enterprise resource planning, supply chain management, manufacturing execution, and financial systems. Effective communicator who champions the use of integrating technology to help solve business problems. Areas of expertise include:
- Project Management Office
- Human Capital Management
- Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence
- Data Center Operations/Technical Support
- Start-Up/Restructure/Process improvement
Successful achievements in high growth, rapid change, and downsizing environments.
Excel in team building to insure business goal alignment, with a "clarity of purpose" attitude.
Accomplishments are in three main areas:
- Information Technology Executive
- Management Consultant/Professional Services
- Business Software Developement and Product Management
2008 - 2009
Director - Global IT PMO
A leading global provider of HR Business Process Outsourcing Solutions. Convergys provides comprehensive, HR outsourcing services that enhance your talent management processes. This helps organizations improve service delivery, create a more agile workforce and align HR strategies to its business.
2007 - 2008
Global Executive Program Manager
Teradata is a leading provider of powerful, enterprise analytic technologies and services that include Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and CRM Solutions.
2005 - 2006
Chief Operating Officer
Seagull Enterprises LLC
One of the nation's leading providers of flooring to the multifamily industry.
2002 - 2005
OFS - A Furukawa Company
OFS is a world leader in providing cutting-edge fiber optic technologies.
1996 - 2002
Vice President - Information Technology
Superior Essex is a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of wire and cable products. They are the world's largest producer of magnet wire, also known as winding wire, an insulated copper or aluminum conductor used by major original equipment manufacturers and distributors. In North America, they are the industry leader in outside plant copper communications wire and cable products. They also manufacture and supply fiber optic cables and premises copper cables.
1995 - 1996
Vice President & General Manager of Software Products
Neil Thall & Associates
Leading provider of causal and demand forecasting, and vendor managed inventory sofware products for the retail industry.
1989 - 1995
Vice President of Research and Development
American Software develops enterprise and supply chain software, including electronic commerce, ERP and flow manufacturing solutions.