Senior Manager, Network Security
Selected to lead national technical assistance after Sprint-Nextel merger and subsequently tapped to transform the performance of under-performing network security operations group.Challenged to turn around staff performance/morale, complete key firewall/SSO projects, and align a team of 18 with the organization in a customer-supplier configuration.
Impact: Led integration of 2 companies, 2 networks, and 2 corporate cultures into one cohesive, cutting-edge technology organization.Reduced vendor expenses $500 million over a 2-year period and initiated deployment of a SSO solution with projected completion one year ahead of schedule.
* Deployed SSO network access solution a year ahead of schedule.Instituted formal project planning/ scheduling and restructured accountabilities to rescue this project from a two-year delay.
* Cut change implementation time 75% and firewall troubleshooting/repair time 80% by reengineering processes.Reduced involved teams to two, standardized tracking, and improved customer satisfaction while dismantling this circuitous, dysfunctional, and outdated process.
* Turned internal customer satisfaction from 90% negative to 90% positive in 4 months by designing and executing daily scorecards to measure/report performance and validate customer survey results.Dramatically improved department morale, employee performance, and attendance.
* Optimized training budget and saved 50% of approved funding by negotiating team entry into SANS Institute’s Work Study Program, the world’s foremost trainers in information and network security.
Senior Manager, National Technical Assistance Center (2005-2007)
* Saved projected $500 million for 2007-2009 - reduced vendor reliance and boosted the accountability of internal talent by renegotiating Nextel contracts over a 12-month period.
* Stabilized 2 networks to 99.99% with zero expenditure.Standardized change control processing, enhanced 24/7 coverage of unplanned events, and score-carded network performance/reporting.
* Consolidated 12 data centers into 8 new facilities over a 5-month period with no customer impact issues.Improved power availability, increased bandwidth and reduced facilities redundancy while completing the project on schedule and under budget.