Jan 2014 - Present
- Assist faculty members with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping, and other miscellaneous projects.
- Tutor or mentor students.
- Prepare presentations for lectures.
- Deliver lectures.
- Hand out assignments and grade papers.
- Proctor examinations.
- Record grades and inform students of their final grades.
- Meet with students during office hours.
- each undergraduate courses.
- Create and write materials such as a syllabus, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, and course websites.
- Correspond with students on Blackboard or related inter-campus communication system.
Jul 2013 - Dec 2013
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine; recording intake and output information.
- Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
- Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Sep 2012 - May 2013
Park Assistant at Smokey Bear Historical Park
- Interprets the natural and historical features of the park to park visitors.
- Answers questions asked by the public.
- Explains park policies and regulations.
- Provides courteous, high quality service to members of the public by personally responding to requests for service or appropriate referral.
- Patrols the park to enforce rules and regulations, and to safeguard and preserve park facilities.
- Enforces cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Walks through parks to look for areas needing maintenance or repair.
- Conducts environmental inventories of parks to detect fire hazards, plant diseases, insect infestations, etc.
- Initiates control measures to correct or control environmental hazards or conditions.
- Maintains records of park activities and prepares reports.
- Monitors park usage by the public to enhance enjoyment and enforce standards of safety, civility and cleanliness.
- Accounts for fees collected and cash disbursed.
- Prepares exhibits and publication materials.
- Assists with the planning and assignment of work for auxiliary/temporary staff and volunteers in conducting area programs.
- Performs construction, maintenance, and repair work.
- Inspects and performs sanitation work.
Dec 2011 - Jun 2012
Spatial Applications and Research Center (SpARC) at NMSU
- Creates, maintains and updates databases using GIS
- Manages operation of GIS equipment, software, data, and products
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops
- Performs quality control checks of GIS data to ensure data integrity
- Collects data through interaction with municipal and 3rd party vendors.
Aug 2013 - Present
Master of Applied Geography
Jan 2011 - May 2012
Jan 2009 - Dec 2010
Aug 1997 - May 2001
High School Diploma
Las Cruces High School