Resourceful, innovative and visionary international senior executive known for building dominant organizations through start-ups, mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances and technology development. Dynamic track record of improving revenues and profits in start-up, turnaround and well established organizations, through sales leadership and negotiation talents; establishing new markets and global Channels networks. Highly skilled in financial analysis, strategic planning and operations in dynamic market and competitive environments.
VICE PRESIDENT / MANAGING DIRECTOR / DIVISION MANAGEMENT
International / Business Development / Renewable Energy / Wind Energy / Sustainability / Start-Up & Turnaround Leadership / Mergers & Acquisitions / Revenue & Profit Improvement / Division & Global Operations Management
Jan 2010 - Present
Vice President Sales & Marketing
Executive Officer responsible for the commercial launch of a wind turbine start-up company; to develop the sales, marketing and service organizations required to establish and lead the market. Viryd designed and developed an innovative new CVT turbine that represents a clear breakthrough in price and performance for the distributed generation market. Directly responsible for worldwide sales, marketing and meeting revenue and margin targets for all market segments. Responsibilities include, lead generation, customer relationship development, and proposal development for driving profitable growth in the Renewable Energy portfolio. Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations with customers for turbine supply agreements, including the coordination of NDAs, gathering of technical information and final quotation preparation.Provided strong leadership of the sales project and developed new processes and procedures, establishing the project capture plan in cooperation with Engineering, Project Implementation and Service and Maintenance organization.As the Sales team leader, responsible for creating sales opportunities, establishing networks, opening new markets and independently closing sales contracts. Responsible for pricing, risk assessment, Business development, Distributor Channels activities and pre-acquisition strategies based on knowledge of the market and the ability to influence specifications and clientsin the United States, Canada, UK, European Union and Latin America.
§Strategic Leadership – Lead in the creation of a new business, markets and positioned the company for long term success. Highly successfulat engaging with and delivering strategic partnerships, industry alliances and establishing Distribution and Channel networks
§Sales Management – Achieved sales revenue of $6M and established a $20M+ pipeline as an individual contributor. Created new sales in the Agriculture, Government, Military and Education markets. Solid grasp of selling “big ticket” capital equipment with key contracting,permitting, and financing tollgates
§Finance & Capital-raising – Demonstrated ability to raise equity financing from both conventional (venture capital) and unconventional (strategic partners, customers) sources
§International Markets – Extensive experience with overseas markets and the mechanisms available for serving them. Direct personal experience and success with establishing sales subsidiaries in important markets, as well as working with strategic partners located abroad
§Supply-chain Management – High degree of exposure to complex supply chains involving both domestic and foreign suppliers
Jan 2005 - Jan 2010
Managing Director of an innovative business technology and software solutions company focused on business profitability consulting specifically in the SMB, Government, Education, Hotel, Restaurant, Retail, Convenient Store and Healthcare industries. Responsible for business development, competitive analysis, engineering and daily operation of the corporation. Effectively hire, train and supervise staff in all marketing and sales techniques. Developed the strategic business plan and financial projections to successfully raise capital.
- Negotiated VAR technology license agreements and contracts with key strategic business partners
- Personally involved in successfully securing patents, trademarks and copyrights
- Developed and managed online campaigns (email, Ad words, SEM, SEO),new media campaigns (social networking sites, online video), viral marketing campaigns, managed content/Web 2.0 features for website and traditional marketing campaigns (media, print and direct mail)
- Implemented brand management strategies, designed websites and sales training programs - both classroom and on-line
Jun 2003 - Jan 2005
Executive Officer / Partner
Argenta Technologies Group, Inc.
Successfully negotiated purchase of this $10M computer and high technology reseller, 76 employees and 10 offices through a leveraged buy-out. Lead the acquisition team in due diligence, contract negotiations and financial analysis. Managed P&L, new product development, marketing and sales strategy and 25 strategic partnerships. In 2003 ranked the leading Sun Microsystems Minority Reseller in Florida. In 2004 ranked the 64th largest minority business in Orlando.
- Negotiated several key strategic alliances and license agreements with Sun Microsystems, IBM, Data Pro, etc
- Established a key reseller agreement with IBM, increasing revenues by $1M+ the first year
- Developed the business plan and secured $3M in private placement funding
- Delivered 20% revenue growth - $12M in sales and new product lines leading to successful sale of the business
2000 - 2003
Division GM-Connectors Group
GM/President, Connectors Product Group ($60M), composed of five companies with sales and manufacturing operations across the United States, United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil and China. Re-engineered the company and delivered a substantial increase in operating profit.
- Fueled 20% revenue growth through creative product mix diversification and new account sales
- Revitalized global presence - 58% revenue increase, establishing new markets and distributors, $5M in new sales
- Delivered 53% increase in operating profit by merging two business divisions, streamlining operations, redesigning manufacturing process flow and maintained strong margins reducing SKU’s from 6000 to 4500
1998 - 2000
Managing Director Greater China - Shanghai,China PRC
Recruited by the Chairman to turnaround negative trends and restore profitability in Asia operations. Direct P&L for Greater China with revenues of $16M and 100 employees. Responsible for strategic partnerships, technology transfer, long-term vendor supply agreements, contract negotiations, logistics, new business development, government compliance and multi-faceted manufacturing in China.
- Transformed Duraline from a struggling Chinese turnkey operation into a $16M industry leader
- Lead the team that achieved Duraline China’s first International ISO 9001 certification
1994 - 1998
GM/President Energy Connections
Ameritech/Wisconsin Electric Power
Selected by Ameritech/President of Wisconsin Electric Power to launch a new $15M business, planned growth of $100M in 3 years. Personally selected and hired the management team, recruited outside talent with expertise in specific technologies and oversaw formulation of a staff of 45. Managed a rapidly increasing multi-million budget. Devised strategy for market dominance in wireless electric utility meter reading, power interruption and home automation. Established key strategic alliances with Motorola, Johnson Controls, Echelon and Cellnet. Managed key accounts.
- Established Wisconsin Electric Power’s first Non Regulated Company and product line
- Identified and hired Team; achieved cooperation and support across all Ameritech/WEP organizational lines
- Negotiated an exclusive agreement for Water/Gas technology, revenue potential of $10M+ in 2 years
- Successfully orchestrated presentations to financial community leading to sale of the company to Commonwealth Energy (Boston, MA) in 1997, obtaining a strong return for stockholders. Retained as President & CEO
1991 - 1994
GM Marketing & International Sales
Recruited by the President to restore profitability to a struggling high technology company and return company to international business map. Tasked with development of a sales / marketing strategy aimed at new business opportunities. Established business development and International pricing strategies increasing revenues to $20M+. Directly managed International Distributors representing 47% of sales. Developed new markets and expanded sales by 176% in Japan, Singapore, France and Germany. Directed marketing, product development and third party software acquisitions.
- Co-Spearheaded a software development project to develop a first to market 3D analysis product
- Established and expanded International Channels networks in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore - $3M+
- Implemented new product development, establishing new markets in South America with revenue of $2M+
- Established cost control programs, reduced operating expenses by 33% in 12 months - $600K operations savings