Aug 2005 - Present
Director of Consulting Solutions
Recognized as the premier sales, service, and leadership behavioral change and management consulting firm, Cohen Brown serves financial services companies globally.
Director of Consulting Solutions (2005-Present)
As a member of the executive management team reporting to the President and the COO/CFO, served as the leader of the client relations, marketing, operations/fulfillment, and information management processes supporting clients and the global consultant team. Also involved in product development.
- Initiated re-establishment of company brand through complete evaluation and development of marketing materials, website, and public relations. Doubled website traffic and lead generation (achieved $1.3 million in new business directly attributable to these efforts).
- Coordinated sales performance research among North American and international banks. Promotion of research led to $1.8 million in new business and significant growth in sales pipeline.
- Transformed team performance by establishing numerous process improvements including the standardization and documentation of effective processes. Increased customer satisfaction by 17.3%.
- Implemented a comprehensive sales management/CRM solution.
- Improved company's performance management system by implementing a “Topgrading” approach.
- Developed a business intelligence process to identify leads, support new business development, and identify key industry trends.
- Successfully accomplished ambitious goal of coordinating Global User Group and product development initiatives simultaneously.
May 2009 - Present
Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing, and Operations
Oct 1992 - Jun 2004
Senior Partner Development Manager
A $450 million company with #2 market share that provides checks and check-related services, contact center services, and direct response marketing solutions to more than 4,000 financial institutions. Clarke American is a 2001 Malcolm Baldrige Award Recipient.
Senior Partner Development Manager (2002-2004)
Drove profitability of two major accounts worth $17 million annually. Leader, coach, and mentor of five account executives and two partner relations representatives.
- Negotiated contract extensions worth $50 million and increased profitability of accounts by 28.2%.
- Led cross-functional team that transitioned $12 million in new business.
- Initiated waste reduction team that cut reprints by 48%, $320,000 savings.
- Led team that cascaded best practices throughout all divisions of sales, marketing, and servicing.
National Account Manager I (1998-2002)
Responsible for profitability of two national accounts worth $16 million annually and developed business with banks greater than $25 billion in assets. Responsible for the development and success of four account executives and two partner relations representatives.
- Successfully sold $12 million in new business.
- Efficiently managed 150+ people in the largest new business conversion in Clarke American history.
- Increased profitability of account by 33%.
- Created new direct marketing program that generated $350,000 annually in profit. Shared and implemented that program across division resulting in increased profit of $2 million.
- Increased company sales by $6 million while part of team that launched nationwide catalog.
National Account Manager II (1997-1998)
Accountable for profitability of one national account worth $3 million annually and developing business with the largest banks in the Midwest.
- Astounded the industry by selling the largest new customer in Clarke American history worth $65 million.
- Gained contract extensions at troubled account worth $9 million while increasing profit by 16%.
- Customer satisfaction of 98% achieved by creating new process with a cross-functional team to manage customer projects.
Region Sales Manager (1995-1997)
Responsible for the development and success of nine account executives in Michigan, Ohio, and West Virginia.
- Recognized as one of the top recruiters and trainers in the company.
- Loaded over $350,000 in new business in first quarter 1997, achieving $6.7 million in annual sales.
- Reduced operating budget by 37% from 1995-1997 by efficiently reorganizing the region.
Account Executive (1992-1995)
Responsible for developing new business and growing current customer base in a 45 county territory.
- Grew territory 67% from $777,000 to $1.3 million.
- Converted all customers to multi-year contracts while maintaining the highest profit margins in the region.
- Initiated and developed marketing agreement with the Michigan Bankers Association resulting in $500,000 in new business for the region.
- Ran highly successful marketing campaigns via trade publications and low or no cost media outlets.
May 1988 - Oct 1992
Executive Officer - Captain
Second in command of a 170-person battery. Responsible for the maintenance management of over $7 million worth of equipment, the daily supervision, training, and performance of all personnel, and all logistical planning and support. As Lieutenant, rated best of 20 in the battalion. Battery rated the best of 12 in the regiment by the commander.