To benefit an organization that can use an experienced manager who offers a background in accounting, finance, budgeting, and forecasting along with a proven ability to adapt to change while implementing new systems to enhance growth and profitability.
Knowledge: Consolidate Financial Reporting, Financial analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial Audit, Cost Reporting, Account Receivables Management, Payroll and Expense Management, Business Development, Feasibility Analysis, Quality Control and Compliance, Database Development and Management
Professional: Member of Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
A Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Candidate
Oct 2005 - Dec 2009
Assistant Director of Finance/Financial Controller
University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago-Mile Square Health Center
- Prepared consolidated quarterly and annually financial reports and ensured their accuracy and timeliness
- Prepared and submitted an annual Uniform Data System (UDS) report to the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the US Federal healthcare system administrator. This report was a core set of information, including patient demographics, services provided, staffing, clinical indicator, utilization rates, costs and revenues
- Prepared and submitted annual Medicare (US government social insurance administrator) and Medicaid (State government social insurance administrator) cost reports
- Performed both location-specific and consolidated annual volume analysis, operational and financial forecast
- Prepared annual operational and financial budget and performed quarterly variance analysis
- Led the collections and billing team
- Managed over five-million-dollar worth of patient accounts receivable
- Administered and managed State and Private grants and contracts
- Performed a dual position as the DATA MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR, generating special high-level reports for the Board of Directors, the CEO, and organization's senior management teams within University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago enterprise
- In 2006, A PROJECT MANAGER of the development of a new health center to penetrate the south region of Chicago. Also, designed a computerized dental accounting and billing system for this clinic
- In 2008, A BUSINESS ANALYST of the development of a new health center to penetrate the southwest region of Chicago, performed the feasibility analysis of the business options and the break-even analysis
- Participated in an annual financial audit
- Performed a cash inflow analysis and management
- Performed bad debt analysis and prepared year-end closing transactions
- Chaired and participated in the search committees to recruit management-level staffs
- Assisted in quality measurement and compliance reporting
- In 2009, secured $300,000 grant from Illinois Children's Healthcare Foundatation to support fifteen-month operation of dental practice
Jul 2003 - Sep 2005
- Oversaw and managed patient accounts receivables and revenues.
- Conducted accounting transactions using Banner Financial Accounting applications.
- Conducted data collection and analysis of HMO and Commercial capitations
- Analyzed and generated provider productivity and clinical/operational efficiency and quality management reports.
- Assisted in the preparation of the Uniform Data System (UDS) report.
- Collected, performed and maintained special accounting and financial analysis reports for the senior management team of the organization.
- Prepared a monthly operational report and bank statement reconciliation.
- Assisted in generating financial reports and cost reports.
Jul 2001 - Jun 2003
- Performed cash deposits from grant and contract agencies. and outpatients in Primary Care, Pharmacy and Dentistry departments of three health centers.
- Double-checked bank deposits are made adjustments and corrections to related cash and receivables accounts.
- Conducted manual and electronic revenue transfers.
- Investigated and reconciled cash collections and accounts receivable transactions.
- Monitored balance sheet and statement of income items for accuracy and timeliness.
- Handled adjustments, refunds, and bad debts.
- Coordinated with Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial insurance for insurance billing accuracy and follow-ups.
- Managed bankruptcy cases of the patients by recording, maintaining patient bankruptcy database, and writing off discharged patient receivable balances.
- Created an Access database to track telephone expenses.
- Checked the eligibility of uninsured patients for the MCH grant and generated an MCH reimbursement submission reports.
- Prepared earnings transfers for payroll accounts.
May 1999 - Jul 1999
- Conducted general administrative office tasks.
- Collected, re-arranged, filed, and published the firm's related news and press releases.
Oct 1997 - Dec 1997
Arthur Anderson (SGV-Na Thalang & Co., Ltd.)
- Investigated and audited the internal control of Siam Cement'ss inventory cycle.
- Documented and tracked voucher transactions in sales cycle.
Aug 2000 - May 2002
Master of Business Administration
Although UIC has only existed in its present form since 1982, its roots are long established in Chicago. In the 1890s, the Chicago College of Pharmacy and the College of Physicians and Surgeons became part of the university of Illinois. Just after World War II, the University began to offer undergraduate courses at a location on Navy Pier to meet the educational needs of American Veterans. In the late 1950s, increased public demand for higher education prompted Illinois state legislature to authorize the creation of a new campus, called the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago Circle (UICC) open in 1965. In 1982, UICC and the University of Illinois Medical Campus were merged to become the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). As a result of this merger, UIC is the largest institution of higher learning in Chicago. The MBA program was founded in 1977 and is accredited by AACSB - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and is a member of the Graduate Management Admissions Council. The Liautaud Graduate School of Business at UIC was established in 2003, and is named for the Chicago Liautaud Family. Jim, wife Gina, and their son Jimmy John provided a significant gift to the college, which provided the funding for LGSB to be formed. All three are long time supporters of the College of Business Administration and the University of Illinois at Chicago. Both Jim and Gina are graduates of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus, and Jim was a founding member of UIC's Family Business Council. Additionally, both Jim and his son Jimmy John, founder of the famed Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich Shops, were inducted into the College's Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame.
Aug 1996 - May 2000
Bachelor's Degree of Business Administration
The Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (International Program), informally known as “BBA (International Program) or BBA for short,” is a four-year undergraduate program in Business Administration offering three areas of concentration: accounting, finance, and marketing. All classes are conducted in English. BBA instructors are full-time faculty member of Thammasat University, visiting professors from universities overseas, and adjunct professors from the local business community. The program admits 120 students from approximately 700 applicants per year. Established in 1990, the BBA offers a unique opportunity for students to participate in the business school’s world-wide exchange program under the Partners in International Management (PIM) net work. Under PIM, BBA students have an open door to spend part of their educational experience in over fifty leading business schools across five continents. Throughout their studies with the BBA, students receives financial support to participate in case competitions, varsity debates, business essay competitions at home and overseas.