Visionary social entrepreneur; enhancing the way communities change through innovative work with technology, professional athletes, and philanthropy. Substantial experience in social media grant making, engagement campaigns, program delivery, partnership creation and management.
The Leighty Foundation - Board of Directors
Association of Small Foundations - Next Generation Committee
National Kidney Foundation - Local Board of Directors (2007-2010)
AFFILIATIONSCouncil on FoundationsNational Center for Family PhilanthropyGrantmakers for Effective Organizations
• Negotiated exclusive partnership for real time athlete/celebrity video status updates used for public purpose mobile applications. Built diverse revenue streams for organizations based on mobile application downloads and number of people accessing the exclusive content and resources.
• Created a digital ecosystem connecting 6 athletes, 7 causes, 8 physical program cities, and a social media footprint of 4.1 million fans/followers. Married exclusive video content, technology, social media, and digital resources to inspire change. A new approach allowing athletes to reach new audiences while users experience inspiration and actionable information on topics like health, financial literacy, education, job training etc. (www.pic.tv/ata)
• Designed a multi-media approach specific to communities most affected by kidney disease and its leading causes. Developed resources, videos, a web series, and a social media platform with appropriate digital and traditional literacy levels. Created full English, Spanish, and French versions. (www.renalresources.org & www.baselineyourhealth.org)
Jan 2009 - Feb 2011
Business Development Manager
- Guided partnerships with professional athletes and athlete initiated foundations.
- Leveraged new opportunities and audiences by blending the community work of athletes, the technology mission of One Economy and public purpose/social media.
- Raised $550,000 from multiple sources to fund initial development and implementation of celebrity specific public purpose media platform.
Nov 2004 - Jan 2009
CEO and Founder
The Justis Group
• Worked with professional athletes to maximize the impact of their charitable efforts. • Made sure clients increased the number of people reached with their gift of time, money, or talent. • Provided clear guidance regarding best practices and philanthropic options, foundation guidance and growth, and unique opportunities for impact.• Promoted athlete philanthropy according to the best interests of each client and assured their charity work is in line with their highest values.
Aug 1999 - Oct 2002
Investor Services Representative
Janus Mutual Funds
• Educated shareholders regarding investment objectives and goals based on individual needs and levels of experience.• Seized opportunities to develop business through acquisition, activation, and retention.• Applied for and was accepted to Web Support Specialist Team