- Author of technology articles for an international developer audience.
- Designer of a childcare management software package implemented in several metropolitan area childcare facilities.
- Singapore Singapore
Leadership and Teamwork
• Coordinated international teams implementing the main enterprise information system software in an environment with severe performance and uptime requirements
• Managed an internal team tasked with turning around a failing software project; developed teamwork and management strategies that allowed the team to deliver the project in a very short timeframe and achieve $200,000+ cost savings
• Mentored junior staff, conducted internal knowledge transfer and created staff skill development programs
• Devised team performance evaluation metrics and KPIs, and negotiated Service Level Agreements with internal users and vendors
• Designed an innovative B2B web service allowing customers to evaluate the price of medical procedures online in real time (national premiere, featured on CNN), co-developed with Medseek Inc
• Provided technology management and oversight to a multicultural team of software developers and database administrators (3 to 10 staff) in charge of the data infrastructure for the enterprise (60+ sites in a large metropolitan area)
• Managed conversion of enterprise data platform from a mainframe based system to client server technologies (100+ servers)
Strategy and Analytics
• Provided technology analysis to senior management on major strategic technology undertakings (data warehousing, data recovery and disaster preparation, enterprise information system selection)
• Researched new technologies and assessed adoption benefits from technology and business perspectives
• Re-engineered main corporate internet and intranet portals in collaboration with software teams from Microsoft and Novell, resulting in significant increases in traffic and reduced search time
• Developed probabilistic data matching and standardization software solutions allowing patient information consolidation across nine hospital campuses
• Designed corporate data warehouse used by the corporate planning department in determining strategic business development directions
• Responsible for the computer based cost accounting system
• Supervised truck and air shipments to Europe and Africa
VP, High Tech Club; Global Leader Series Club (responsible for organizing the visit of Disney International's Chairman)
As a Research Assistant, I performed marketing research duties supporting the College of Business faculty, and provided technology and business process consulting to the local Chamber of Commerce.
AIESEC (International Association of Management Students) Chapter Vice President - Initiated a successful program aimed at creating local employment opportunities for international students.
Delivered graduation speech for the Class of 1996.
Featured speaker at Archibus International Users Conference (2005/2006), invited to present an innovative application developed using Archibus technologies.
Versatile enterprise software professional with 9 years experience in implementing Hospital Information Systems, developing custom healthcare applications, and managing technology teams to deliver world-class services and products in the healthcare industry.
I have been involved in technical supervision and knowledge transfer/mentoring with most of the above, as well as in staff recruitment, best practices development, defining and managing customer service level agreements and user expectations, vendor and partner management, and project team building. I am currently engaged in a business development/evangelism project for http://www.motherapp.com/ (a Hong Kong-based mobile software company).
Sample projects available at http://razvan.petrescu.googlepages.com/Projects.htm. Tech-related blog: http://thales.juliannet.info
Asian civilizations and cultures (extensive travel in Asia)