Jewelry Television the largest retailer of loose gemstones and the 11th largest jeweler in the United States. Jewelry Television generated $375.0 million in annual revenue.
Responsible for vertical integration of merchandising, vendor management, show planning, sales and fulfillment. Instituted new presentation style programming, utilizing branded merchandise shows. Developed new vendor acquisition strategies focused on direct international vendor sourcing for merchandise. Refocused merchandise buying strategy from line purchasing to product development. Maximized internal design and sourcing in India and Bangkok adding 5 new staff. Developed 5 new private label brands. Sourced 36 new vendors; developed all new watch, fashion jewelry and Bella Luce product categories. Initiated merchandise strategies by product and brand. Instituted a merchandise pricing strategy including; labels, guidelines and formulas for retail and retail values. Managed the sales and inventory budgets and forecasts; monthly, weekly and daily. Complete P&L responsibility.
- Increased sales 49% back to back years with a 11% decline in return rate, 23% increase in new customer acquisition, increased margin 4 points each year and raised average price point $5.87.
- Added 8 product lines; approved hundreds of new merchandise sku's. Total sales increase $51.3 million.
- Developed new businesses; skin care, watches, and fashion jewelry. Projected revenue $60 million.
- Added two catalog offerings to drive event pre-sales, resulting in a 21% sell off prior to events.
- Revamped category on-line layout using data from coremetrics, omniture and survey monkey with the e-commerce analytic team; highlighting critical links, new landing pages, broaden on-line assortments to increase SEO, page views, reduce abandon rates and maximize keywords. Increased new unique visitors 37% over plan, page views 23% and time in site by 29%.
- Doubled web exclusive assortment tripling sales to 10% of total category sales. Elevated e-commerce percentage to total category sales by 20%.
- Developed new affiliate and keyword strategies to focus on private label brands driving a 31.5% increase in sales and a 51.9% decrease in cost. Built individual program with Bill Me Later to match product assortment and drove an increase in order size of 57%.
Product Categories: Jewelry; Silver, Silver with Stone, Gold, CZ in Gold and Silver, Fashion. Fashion Watches, Better Watches, Health & Beauty.