A VC funded startup providing "geographic information retrieval & search" software and data services.
Vice President, Corporate Business Development (6/08 - 1/09)
Responsible for developing strategic alliances in the digital media and enterprise markets for the purpose of enhancing the company's market presence and valuation.
- Closed a bilateral SaaS model OEM/reseller Agreement with Moreover, a Verisign subsidiary.
- Developed high levels of interest from several key strategic partner prospects for OEM/integration alliances, such as; AdTech (an AOL subsidiary), Collarity, EveryZing, Lat49, Mobile Content News and Netezza.
- Established exploratory dialogue with 100+ strategic partner prospects.
Vice President, Content Services (6/06 - 6/08)
Responsible for establishing the digital media & publishing market as a viable new vertical via direct sales, business development, and the creation of software-as-a-service applications and content-based services.
- Developed and executed the initial go-to-market strategy for the digital media & publishing market.
- Hired and trained the initial sales and sales engineering staff for the digital media & publishing market.
- Managed a team of 6 people (3 software developers, 2 product/content managers, 1 operations engineer) that designed, developed, deployed and supported the company's first SaaS applications; NewsMaps Service and Local Alerts Service.
- Closed the initial digital media customer accounts; Reuters.com, Fox Interactive Media, MySanAntonio.com.
- Launched the company's first hosted content services collections; "GeoSearch Energy" and "GeoSearch News".
- Developed and launched a public geographic-search-engine for current general news, www.geosearchnews.com.