I am a finance professional with multi-disciplinary skills and experience with specialisation in banking and financial services industry. Proven hands-on experience in financial risk and capital management, banking regulation, corporate strategy, financial reporting, financial audit and project management. I also possess excellent presentation and communication skills garnered from conducting workshops and presentations to internal stakeholders, external clients as well as students.
Jul 2013 - Present
Senior Manager, Insurance, Risk Assessment & Monitoring Division
Malaysia Deposit Insurance Corporation (MDIC)
- Evaluate the risk profile of a portfolio of MDIC's member banks through performing financial and qualitative risk analysis (e.g. credit and market risks) and conducting research on external environment affecting the banking industry. This includes analysis on macroeconomic trends, financial regulatory updates and developments in the financial markets.
- Prepare and present risk reports to the management.
- Maintain active communication with Bank Negara Malaysia in matters relating to bank supervision and the industry as a whole.
- Develop regulations enforceable to member banks. Contributed to the successful implementation of the Differential Premium System Guideline which governs member banks' premium computation.
- Review and enhance the risk assessment framework and methodology governing the risk assessment of MDIC's member banks.
Nov 2012 - Jul 2013
Head, Capital Allocation & Analytics, Corporate Finance & Capital Management
Malayan Banking Berhad
- Monitor and report to the Group EXCO and the Board, the performance of the Group and business lines from risk perspective through the application of Risk-Adjusted Performance Measurement ("RAPM").
- Ensure efficient capital deployment across Maybank Group through reviewing and challenging capital requests by business lines and subsidiaries.
- Champion the implementation of RAPM and capital allocation methodologies in subsidiaries and business lines across Maybank Group.
- Act as a subject matter expert in capital allocation and risk performance measurement through conducting training and workshops to business lines audience.
- Contributed in other capital management and risk initiatives – e.g. the development of annual capital plan, risk-based pricing project and selected corporate finance transactions.
May 2011 - Oct 2012
Assistant Vice President, International Strategy & Operations
Malayan Banking Berhad
- Monitor and report to the Group EXCO and the Board of Directors, the financial performance and strategic initiatives execution of the Group's international operations.
- Assist the development of strategic business plans of the Bank's overseas operations and ensure alignment with the Group's strategic objectives.
- Perform feasibility study and due diligence of strategic initiatives and prepare recommendation to the senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Undertake Project Management Office role in the execution of strategic initiatives and ensure achievement within project constraints. This includes coordinating internal resources and manage communication with external stakeholders, primarily regulators. Main accomplishments are the establishment of the first Maybank branch in Laos and the local incorporation of Maybank Cambodia.
- Contributed in corporate finance and corporate restructuring initiatives.
- Run financial models to assess valuation of key subsidiaries for the purpose of annual impairment test.
- Represented Maybank Group in Board of Directors meeting and AGMs of subsidiaries and associates on ad-hoc basis.
Jun 2006 - May 2011
Supervisor, Assurance, Global Financial Services
Ernst & Young
- Lead, manage and perform audit engagements with specialisation in banking and financial services clients. Attained solid technical knowledge in various aspects of banking operations and risk management. Portfolio of audit clients include Malaysian largest banking group, Islamic banks and unit trust funds, among others.
- Execute International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) advisory and consultancy engagements. Key accomplishments include the implementation of accounting standards on financial instruments FRS139 and FRS7 advisory projects for Malaysian banks.
- Provide training on audit and technical subjects to associate staff of the firm.
Feb 2005 - May 2006
Golden Hope Plantations Berhad
Main role is to prepare management accounts for reporting to senior management. Also involved in budgeting and and preparation of annual financial statements.
2015 - 2016
Financial Risk Manager (FRM) (Currently Pursuing)
Global Association of Risk Professionals
The FRM qualification covers quantitative analysis, financial markets & products, valuation and risk models. It also covers skills required in analyzing, controlling, or assessing credit, market and liquidity risks, among others. I have passed Part 1 of the exam and expected to complete the course in 2016.
2001 - 2006
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
1998 - 2001
Diploma in Accountancy
Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
|2013 - 2014||Education|
Part-time lecturer at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
ACCA Professional Paper P3 Business Analysis
Leveraging on the experience in corporate strategy, I taught this professional ACCA paper which covers the application of relevant knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement in assessing strategic position, determining strategic choice, and implementing strategic change.
Capital Planning and Stress Testing
Organised by Asian Development Bank and Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
Presented by Federal Reserves Board
Date of Birth : 25 Sep 1980
Nationality : Malaysia
Gender : Male
Marital status: Married
Availability : Immediately after notice period of 1 month
Name : Mr. Kenneth Kwong Chor Wah
Relationship : Former Head, International Strategy & Operations, Maybank
Current Position : Vice President/Head, Strategic Planning, Community Financial Services, Malaysia
Company : Malayan Banking Berhad
Email : email@example.com
Name : En. Muhammad Lukman Musa
Relationship : Former Director in Ernst & Young
Current Position : Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer
Company : Unitar Capital Sdn. Bhd.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org