Involved in the examination, development as well as testing of mechanical equipment and tools.
Responsible for providing engineering support for workshop activities to ensure that components and equipment is maintained and refurbished correctly.
- designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety reliability and throughput.
- developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
- discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors ,suppliers and customers.
- making sure a product can be made again reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
- managing projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- planning and designing new production processes.
- producing details of specifications and outline designs.
- recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design.
- considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
- monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.