Permit Controller / SCADA Gas Panel Operator
Areas of Experience
ONSHOR, OFFSHOR GAS PIPLEINE DISTRIBUTION (GO)
- Monitor gas-gathering system through SCADA (Wonder-ware, HMI visualisation and geographically distributed SCADA control systems) and make calls to alert customers of situations that could affect gas deliveries
- Demonstrable knowledge and proven hands on experience in gas pipeline, gas terminals, compressors & related facilities operation.
- Monitor Pipeline Operations and respond appropriately to emergency or upset conditions.
- Work with the Control Centre, Operations and SCADA personnel in all areas of SCADA system support, troubleshooting and system enhancements.
- Maintaining measurement concepts, pipeline integrity, and pigging activities including that of surrounding stations
- Perform and assist with station maintenance activities including, sampling product quality, and metering.
- Operates and adjusts Transmission and Distribution facilities as directed by seniors or within designated limits to ensure maximum recovery / injection on assigned shift.
- Prepares Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Management Reports on Gas Distributed to Consumers, Gas received from various sources,
- Directs and carries out the processing of gas through the remote Gas Distribution Stations to consumers
- Checks and advises on any faults, oversee the safe change from one gas supply to another and check maintenance work is carried out effectively, as well as implement modification and commission.