Tata Consultancy Services
- Conceptualized and designed the software structure for a highly customizable commerce engine based on a Finite State Machine(FSM).
- Built a XML driven state machine that makes it possible to define business workflows as configurable software steps.
- Established the base software platform that provides an implementation of all the core business workflows.
Designed a powerful extension mechanism and implemented it via software hooks. This enables project implementation teams to customize the core workflows
Payment Accumulation Framework:
- Engineered and developed a framework that accumulates different types of payments for various types of business transactions.
- The framework can be configured to consolidate the payments collected by either the operator or the terminal from where the business transaction occurred.
- Any new business transaction or payment type can be injected into the framework to begin accumulation.
- Conceived a commerce basket that acts as a single view of the customers numerous interactions with the retailers via varied touch points.
- The framework supports building a basket from multiple sources and is capable of spawning orders on customer's existing IT ordering system based on the content in the basket.
The framework triggers different kinds of order creation based on the basket content.
Isolated Electronic Payment:
- Built an architecture and framework that supports separation of card sensitive and payment information between selling systems and the Payment terminal.
- The framework ensures that information received from the selling system only indicates the total amount to be paid.
- The framework in turn constructs a payment message to the underlying client software provided by the merchant's bank and handles responses and statuses for the payment session.
- This framework can plugin to any Merchant-provided software interacting with the device by adapting the message and communication protocol.
Automated Store Operations:
- Architected and designed a store automation framework that ensures lean store operations.
- Potential cost saver for retailers as the system performs key operations defined by the business.
- The framework orchestrates services that can be configured by the business.
Business & Software Architecture:
- Created Business Architecture that clearly elaborates the translation of business vision into an IT Architecture blueprint.
- Produced and influenced the technology, deployment and integration architecture by participating and brainstorming with the architecture team.
Mentorship and team growth:
- Worked with a team of software engineers, technical leads and architects by coaching them on software design and development best practices. Groomed software engineers to take on team lead roles.
- Helped team growth by enhancing their skill set through trainings and on the job Proof of Concepts(POC).
Consulting and client communication:
- Demonstrated ability to converse with client business and architecture teams to showcase product capability and fitment into the IT landscape.
- Produced solution architecture artifacts to evidence this capability.
Software and Technology: Java, J2EE, Apache Camel, JPA, Spring, SCXML(XML based State machine), HTML5, JSON, WebSocket, Tomcat.