Senior Database Consultant, ABC Company Somewhere, Some State, 1998 - Present. Oversaw design and maintenance of Database environment at Arco Alaska division of $50 billion Oil Exploration and Production Company. Supported distributed Oracle database environment. Performed upgrades, patch maintenance and integration with vendor software on AIX, NT and Solaris platforms. Led up to 7 team members performing Database Administration.
- Initiated utilization of Data Warehouse ETL software during conversion of legacy data in IMS to Oracle, saving over 50% of total project costs by reducing contract programming.
- Led design of data Warehouse for Arco Alaska encompassing extraction of IBM legacy system business and engineering data into Oracle for support purpose, which improved timeliness of reports and enhanced ability to analyze inventory.
- Established systems to provide limited data to vendors extranet, resulting in dramatically reduced world load on accounting staff.
- Severed as technical project lead for database server consolidations project, collapsing multiple database servers to form large SMP environment, reducing costs by eliminating two DBA positions.
- Performed key role as technical consultant during transition from IBM Mainframe to client/server model. Recommended database, development and network software that contributed to eliminating mainframe support structure with 20% decrease in support costs.
Database Design Analyst, XYZ Company Somewhere, Some State, 1996 - 1998. Developed database for $30 million Software Development Company serving insurance industry. Provided logical and physical database design for client management software. Performed design within IMS.DB, CISC environment.
- Implemented design enhancements for major IMS database and initial release of Client Management System that substantially reduced load times and online transaction response.
- Designed and deployed data migration process for release to beta site customers, performing onsite implementation and decreasing migration process from several weeks to 2 days.
Programmer/Analyst, LMN Company Somewhere, Some State, 1993-1996 Designed database for $15 billion leading electronics manufacturer. Developed software in large scale IMS DB/DC environment. Coded programs using COBOL and Assembler supporting various business functions. Served as lead analyst for Field Service and Marketing Support Systems.
- Enhanced networking software that cut distributed transaction processing by more than 70%, allowing field offices to receive critical service requests in timely manner.
- Developed IMS support software, which reduced index build times by up to 90%, which facilitated shrinkage of database maintenance windows to manageable levels.
- designed and built IMS database to support migration of distributed systems to central mainframe.