- Extensive business experience in driving growth and revenues through a record of accomplishments in relationship/account management, sales and marketing, strategic alliances, and mergers & acquisitions.
- Technical Product, and Services, Sales and Marketing including, market development, market penetration and strategic marketing.
- Business case and financial risk analysis for Joint Ventures and Acquisitions.
- Program and Product management from specifications, development, design reviews, program metrics and prototype shipment.
- Complex contract negotiation with businesses and governments.
- Skilled in Six Sigma practices. Green belt for growth trained.
- Accustomed to working at the “C” level and across the enterprise to accomplish results.
- An insightful leader with demonstrated skills in business/P&L management, organizational development and sales management.
May 2015 - Present
Vice President - Avionics Sales
Lead the Worldwide Sales Team for GE Aviation's portfolio of Avionics products across all segment of the Aerospace Industry.
Nov 2014 - Apr 2015
F.L.Y. Aerospace Consulting
Consulting on projects for small/medium companies on:
• Developing Technical Sales Expertise
• Improving Marketing and Market Penetration
• Business Development Processes and Tools
• Strategic Planning Preparation and Execution
• Capturing After Market Retrofits and Sales
• Techniques for winning Avionics Selection at Airlines.
Nov 2010 - Oct 2014
Vice President Marketing & Business Development
Luminator Technology Group
Lead the worldwide Aerospace business for Luminator Technology Group. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and run the Aerospace Division for Luminator's lighting and electronics business worldwide
- Lead the Sales, Marketing and Strategic Planning of the Group.
Jul 2005 - Nov 2010
Director Technical Sales - Avionics
Lead the Avionics Technical Sales team within the Air Transport & Regional Business Segment for the Aerospace Group, a $4.0B revenue per year Strategic Business Unit. Responsibilities include:
·Lead the avionics selection competition for new aircraft installation at all Airlines and Aftermarket sales of the Air Transport & Regional Market Segment. Product Line Responsibilities include all Honeywell Avionics products, a $900M per year business.
·Manage and lead a talented team of globally located Technical Sales Managers situated in Asia, Americas and Europe to provide complete coverage of avionics pursuits throughout the world.
·Responsible for Avionics Sales Campaigns for new technology products being introduced into the market place as part of a retrofit, modification or upgrade..
·Responsible for meeting Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets for the Avionics Product line within the Air Transport and Regional Business Unit..
Sep 2002 - Jul 2005
Director Strategic Marketing
Lead the Sales, Marketing and Business Development activities within the Engine, Systems and Accessories (ESA) Strategic Business Enterprise (SBE), a $1.3B revenue per year division.Responsibilities include:
·Identifying new business opportunities for growth with OEMs and the aftermarket.Lead the sales & marketing team to pursue and close new growth programs.Develop go-to-market plans for new products and services.
·Support other SBE’s in supplying ESA products to their subsystems, including ECS (Valves), APU (Fuel Control, Generators, Controllers & Valves), Electric Power (Generators), Wheels & Brakes (Actuation & Controllers).
·Lead Mechanical Systems and Accessories Product Line in its Strategic Planning Process (STRAP) and Annual Operation Plan (AOP) and continually lead, monitor and direct new business decisions in alignment with these plans.
· Responsible for the strategic development of alliances with partners. Manage sales teams and support a network of worldwide Account Team Leaders.
· Identify key companies for acquisition in line with STRAP and “bolt-on” expansion of current business. Provide leadership participation in company screening and due diligence.
· Develop strong relationships with external customers and with technical, business and senior management personnel internally within Honeywell’s vast product lines.
Jan 1998 - Sep 2002
Direct the worldwide marketing and new business development activities, for the company’s precision aerospace sensor business ($80M business).
· Analyze and formulate sales and marketing strategies to position the products, and develop policies, necessary to sustain, and expand, the business and market share with major OEMs such as Boeing, Bombardier, Lockheed, GE, Pratt & Whitney, Moog, Parker (Over 50 major OEMs Worldwide).
· Analyze and control-pricing policies to conform to company’s related cost of manufacturing the product and to directly influence this manufacturing cost to ensure competitiveness.
· Lead the product and program management of new sensor designs for high value contracts. Work with engineering, manufacturing, planning and quality from product development, customer design reviews and prototype shipments.
· Developed a strong after-market catalog line by aggressively pursuing parts manufacturing approval from the FAA. Setup the necessary logistics and personnel to support this department.
· Negotiate complex contracts and long-term agreements pertaining to all aspects of the sale of the company’s products with the customer.
· Evaluate potential acquisitions on a global scale and be involved in due diligence for increased vertical or horizontal integration.
· Review industry and market trends to identify the competitive landscape, customer needs, project and forecast market’s future requirements, volume potential and pricing structure.
Sep 1994 - Jan 1998
Business Development Manager
Singapore Technologies Aerospace (USA)
Responsible for the Business Development, Strategic Planning and Marketing activities of the entire Group’s services both in the Commercial and Military aviation arena.
· Developed and implemented marketing strategy in the US to secure high value maintenance and overhaul contracts from major airlines, for both engines and aircraft (including B727, B737, C-130, Super-Puma, JT8D, CFM56-3, T56/A501).
· Developed and implemented a successful Marketing Strategy for The Latin American market. Closed a $24.0M C-130 refurbishment program with the Venezuelan Air Force.
· Developed and managed a network of business partners in the US and Latin America to generate greater sales in the region.
· Researched, evaluated and negotiated new set-ups, joint ventures and acquisitions of companies in the US for strategic business growth.
Key member in the due diligence and negotiation for the acquisition of Dalfort Aviation in Dallas, Texas, USA
Jan 1993 - Sep 1994
Business Development Executive
Singapore Technologies Aerospace
Responsible for the formulation, evaluation and negotiation of potential Joint Ventures.
· Successfully negotiated and consummated a Joint Venture in Indonesai for the set-up of a commercial aircraft maintenance facility. Very complicated financial model and contract. ($100M revenue venture).
· Completed negotiations with Governmental Organizations to construct and operate a downtown heliport in Singapore ($25M revenue operation).
Jan 1991 - Jan 1993
Singapore Technologies Aerospace
Responsible for the Design, Cost control and Implementation of Military Aircraft Upgrades.
Aug 2000 - May 2002
Masters in Business Administration (Finance Concentration)
California State Univeristy - Northridge
May 1989 - Aug 1990
Master of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics
Master of Science
Aug 1985 - May 1989
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
Bachelor of Science