Research Assistant, Word Lab
Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bengaluru
The Word Lab is the editorial team at IIHS that has been set up to systematize a regular flow of publications as well as manage IIHS' public knowledge platforms. As part of the Word Lab, I played a key role in the following functions:
- Editorial interventions: Proofreading, documenting, copy-editing, editing, and standardizing publications at IIHS, which involved research papers, conference proceedings, policy briefs, project reports, blog posts, as well as outreach and publicity documents.
- Course development and pedagogy : Developed content for and co-taught the following workshops:
- Workshop on Writing for Digital Media - Jun 5-6, 2015
- Workshop on Op-Ed Writing - Feb 27, 2015
- Workshop on Basic Writing and Editing Skills - Dec 16, 2014
- Event curation and programming: Co-wrote the fundraising and programming proposal for CityScripts - An Urban Writings Festival, planned for Feb 2016.
- Mentoring : Initiated and helmed a weekly writing circle at IIHS with the aim to systematically improve writing and self-editing skills within the IIHS community.
- Process development: As one of the earliest members of the team, I was involved with setting up processes and ensuring workflow within the team.