OBJECTIVE: Business professional with business and operational management experience seeks an opportunity to contribute to the success of a growing industry and a business poised for growth. QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY:
- Recent Spa consulting project resulted in exponential increases in retail sales. Grew retail ratio by 1000%. Therapists who began at 1-5% were averaging 20-30% in monthly retail sales at the completion of project.
- Grew Dragonfly luxury product sales by 20% in my first six months, averaging $30 - 40,000 a month.
- Increased DYG (make-up line) wholesale accounts by 50% while at La Jolla Spa M.D.
- Improved sales by approximately 50% during employment with La Jolla Spa, M.D.
- Negotiated a 60% discount for Dragonfly products to be featured in the celebrity guest suites at the Golden Globe awards, enticing many well known celebrities to use our products.
- Experienced "brand ambassador" and public relations professional with beauty related appearances on the news, TV shows, Health and Beauty Channel, Boomer Show, and training videos.
- Coordinating Director for successful runway fashion shows such as; Isabell Kristensen, Jeans for Justice and DYG (CEO's own mineral makeup) launch party.
- Worked with several high profile charities while at La Jolla Spa MD, collaborating on events and promotional items to create revenue for their causes.
- Hosted client seminars such as The Learning Annex and Cosmetic Rejuvenation Extravaganza.
- Fashion Group International Co-chair for the San Diego Chapter.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:2008 - Present Senior Spa Consultant, Spa Remedies, Inc. Provide advice and consultation on business development, operational management, and marketing strategies.
- Guide national and international clients in the development of a consistent branding message that highlights their unique selling points.
- Set sales quota and goals for therapist, devising unique monthly promotions to boost sales, training staff on sales techniques and encouraging healthy competition among spa staff.
- Write retail training manuals and lead training programs for spa staff to include coaching sessions and 1:1 development sessions with individual therapists.
- Provide financial analysis and consultation, analyzing profit and loss statements, reviewing operational costs and developing a plan to increase profits.
- Develop and revise spa menus to include development of bridal spa combos.
- Utilize unique marketing techniques to help boost business and attract new customers. Strategies include; raising public awareness by delivering personalized letters to local businesses, writing direct mail and newsletter pieces and attending other high profiles events that provide exposure to local community and news venues.
- Creative Director of H-Dove ((High-Definition Online Video Experience), a division of Spa Remedies LLC. Developed concept and business plan for this high definition video development division of Spa Remedies. Focus is on maximizing client's marketing dollars using modern, cost-effective video advertising. Client demographics include; five-star resort properties, high-end spas, spa product companies and drug companies.
2007 - 2008 Regional Sales Director, Dragonfly Spa, San Diego, CADistribution company, providing upscale exclusive body treatment products and equipment to luxury spas.
- Greatly expanded current account base and maintained existing accounts through outside sales and cold calling.
- Demonstrated the unique benefits of Dragonfly products to customers, creating a need for the products.
- Hired, trained and oversaw the work performance of two outside sales representatives and two product trainers.
- Worked with individual accounts to help them market products both internally and externally using methods such as posters, promotions, direct mail and live appearances.
- Served as "brand ambassador", making both media and public appearances. High profile appearances include; TV Guide, Fox National Entertainment Magazine, America Spa magazine and well known industry trade shows.
- Some examples of current client base include; Canyon Ranch, Equinox, Exhale and Rancho Valencia.
2005-2007 Product Development Director, Executive Assistant to CEO/President, La Jolla Spa MD, La Jolla, California Coordinated, planned, and supported a wide range of daily operational and administrative functions.
- Participated in product development and launch of DYG, a new mineral makeup product line, using a revolutionary new ingredient, Vitaphenol. Oversaw product launch timelines and worked in collaboration with marketing specialists to develop high-quality image and packaging.
- Coordinated and hosted several successful client seminars utilizing demonstrations, PowerPoint presentations, Q & A sessions, and preparing detailed speaking notes for CEO.
- Coordinating Director for successful runway fashion shows handling all aspects of event coordination such as; media announcements, ticket sales, accounting, event timeline, catering and set up.
- Escorted, prepared, and assisted CEO at news appearances including; KUSI, Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS.
- Represented the company at all the major spa shows to include, ISPA, spa and resort expo, IECSE and AAD. Performed makeup applications and skin care demonstrations for high-end dermatologists and industry leaders.
2003-2005 Counter Manager, Nordstrom, San Francisco, CA and Seattle, WA Started in Spa Nordstrom, promoted to Skin Care Counter Manager, selling Mario Badescu products.
- Researched the anatomy of skin to provide in-depth knowledge of skin care products and their efficiency.
- Consistently surpassed all goals and quotas including; sales per hour, multiple sales, and items per transaction.
2000-2003 Spa Host/Spa Ambassador, Gene Juarez Salon and Spa, Seattle, Washington Five star upscale salon providing hair care and beauty services.
- Developed protocols to increase level of service and improve efficiency within the spa.
- Sold and educated customers on the unique benefits of Guinot skincare and Kerastase hair product.
EDUCATION: Currently attending University of Phoenix for BS in IT
Associate of Arts, Edmonds Community College, Edmonds, WA