Leads execution of solid-state integrated light engine products including managing program product/technology roadmaps and cross-functional team deliverables. Identifies, categorizes, and defines new solid-state lighting market opportunities, business models, and innovative product concepts. Selects concepts for feasibility demonstration.
Identifies, establishes, and maintains strong business relationships with potential customers and development partners. Develops “take to market” strategies, guides and consults feasibility teams. Manages strategic business relationships with initial customers and 3rd party partners. Identifies key market trends/competitive landscapes. Identifies and defines new innovative product concepts and solid-state lighting architectures.
Develops new product/architecture specifications. Works with technologists, design engineers, and engineering teams to ensure successful implementation and feasibility demonstration of new product concepts.
Evangelizes new products, technologies, and capabilities.
- Worked with management to clarify and formalize group vision, mission and status reporting mechanisms.
- Successfully led formal KT analysis and narrowed potential contract manufacturing partners from more than 25 to one. Managed ongoing performance monitoring and metrics, contract negotiations, supplier management, and supply chain strategies.
- Enabled quick “what if” scenario comparisons by developing a product cost model with inputs from engineering, operations, logistics, and other departments. Model includes all costs associated with domestic as well as offshore production paths.
- Delivered product cost reductions in excess of 40%, as well as maximized performance improvements and additional cost reduction opportunities by collaborating with engineering, strategic marketing and innovations group members to investigate new technologies and platforms.
- Leading strategic due diligence efforts of market segments including customer demand and application requirements, market trends, and competitive pressures.
- Collaborating with engineering and product marketing teams to identify market opportunities and steer integrated light engine program towards innovation and differentiation with substantial market advantage. Efforts resulted in compelling direct-AC technology platforms that are ready for launch in multiple market segments.