Aug 2010 - Present
Aug 2004 - Dec 2007
Aug 2000 - Jul 2002
Oct 2009 - Present
The Law Offices of Richard Evans
I am a real estate attorney representing clients in the District of Columbia. My practice includes property disputes, loan modifications, landlord/tenant disputes, privacy rights, trademark and copyright registration and business formations. I also provide counsel to nonprofit organizations with the formulation of estate giving programs.
Aug 2004 - Present
Nonprofit IT Consultant
Provide network, telecommunication, social media and website consulting for nonprofit organizations. This includes implementation and support for open-sourced server, desktop and collaboration solutions.
Jan 2000 - Aug 2004
Directed the Information Technology operations for a multi-million dollar parking company. During my tenure, the company expanded from a local family business to a nationwide company with operations in over twenty states. Responsible for all telecommunications, network, and database operations, including the:
- Design, maintenance and support of VoIP telecommunications system
- Management of a voice communications project that saved over $200,000 in yearly telecommunications costs
- Renegotiation of vendor contracts that resulted in a savings of $15,000 a month in operations costs.
- Development of technologies that increased parking revenue, lowered overall overhead costs and safeguarded revenue
- Implementation of a company wide content management system that organize training and procedural materials
- Consultation with city and county governments regarding technologies that help increased and managed parking revenues and demand
- Management of over twenty product and service vendors
- Supervision of a staff of fifteen attendants and assistants
- Instruction and support of office and parking technologies
- Maintenance and analysis of work flow efficiency
- Design of a system to archive and organize company records that promoted organizational efficiency and innovation
- Development of a system to assist human resources with providing uniform training data to all newly hired employees