Inside Sales Manager/ Artist
Inside Sales Manager / Creative Director: PowerPlugs Transitions (1997-2008)
Primary responsibility: Managed Inside Sales Support department for CrystalGraphics' products.
- Scope: Managed sales support staff. Responsibilities included handling escalated customer complaints, authorizing customer returns, managing order tracking system, answering sales questions, hiring and training sales support staff. Developed a sales support training manual for new hires.
Secondary responsibility: Developed the concepts, models and animations for PowerPlugs Transitions I-VII - A 3D modeling and animation program that enhanced PowerPoint presentations.
- Scope: Created all 3D effects as well as modeled and animated all variations in a proprietary program. Hired sound engineers and oversaw all sound effects for the software.
VAR Channel and Inside Sales Manager / Production Supervisor and Artist: 3D IMPACT PRO, 3DCD (1995-1997)
Primary responsibility: Managed Inside sales staff and VAR channel for the U.S. and Canada.
- Scope: Responsible for managing and recruiting Value Added Resellers for TOPAS Professional software. Created, hired and managed an inside sales team to sell all CrystalGraphics' multimedia software. Partnered with Marketing Manager on direct mail campaigns to target specific end-users. Assisted in inbound and outbound sales calls.
Secondary responsibility: Created and managed the development of pre-built 3D objects for a 3D title and animation program called 3D IMPACT! Pro. Created a 3D model library CD for a product called 3DCD.
- Scope: Hired modelers and oversaw the concept and development of 3D models, banners and buttons for an object catalog in 3D IMPACT! Pro. Created many of the models in the catalog.
- Contracted with 3D modeling companies: Acuris and Viewpoint datalabs to create 3D model libraries that supplemented 3D IMPACT! Pro and TOPAS Professional software. Converted the models into our proprietary format as well as developed additional models for the CD.
Q.A. Supervisor / 3D Modeler and Animator for TOPAS Professional (1991-1994)
Primary responsibility: Oversaw testing of TOPAS Professional software - A proprietary 3D modeling and animation software for broadcast quality applications.
- Scope: Managed team of testers. Developed a three prong approach to testing software: Alpha - Testing new specs. Beta - Recruited Beta sites and authored testing plans using a testing matrix. Release - Cursory test of all features. Maintained and managed FoxPro database for tracking and reporting bugs.
Secondary responsibility: Collaborated on a demo reel for TOPAS Professional.
- Scope: Assisted Production department in creating 3D animations for a TOPAS Professional demo tape. Developed the concepts and storyboards as well as the models and animations.