To continue a career with a strong, established organization focused on new product development. I want to utilize my extensive SDLC experience and manage a team of professionals in designing and building new software products and services.
·Managed a telecommunications start-up from 1 employee and zero revenue to 100+ employees and $25M in revenue over a 10 year period.
·Managed Multiple Projects of over $1M with P&L responsibility
·Researched, Designed, Developed and Released multiple enterprise level software products
·Restructured SDLC and Change Management Processes for $50M Financial Services Firm.
·Performed Comprehensive SAS-70 Type 1 and Type 2 process audit
·Operated a Reactor on a Nuclear Submarine and a Veteran of the US Navy
·Supervised, coached and mentored teams of 2–50 employees in various industries including Insurance, Telecommunications, E-Commerce and Finance.
Nov 2005 - Mar 2008
Director of Product Management
In this role I manage 4 departments: Product Management, PMO, Business Analyst and User Experiecne. This includes 7 direct reports and an additional 6 indirect reports under their respective functional manager.
Official Job Decription:
- Subject matter Expert (SME) for the current product as well as upcoming product features.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for Product Managers, Project Managers, BA Manager, Technical Writers and User Experience Manager
- Establish and maintain a culture of continual process improvement
- Create and maintain the Overall Product Roadmap.
- Act as liaison between Sales, R&D, Marketing and Development.
- Create UAT Plan and Coordinate UAT process and give final sign-off for releasing new code to production.
- Create a long-term competitive strategy for all company products.
- Identify new products and product enhancements.
- Conduct product training for Sales and other in-house staff.
Apr 2003 - Feb 2005
Sr. Project Manager
- Primary IT contact for managing integration of 3rd Party Warranty Administration product to Retail and E-commerce organizations such as TechData, CNET, Target and Office Depot.
- Used PMI best practices for Project Management.
- Gathered business and technical requirements and generated appropriate project artifacts.
- Technical proficiency in .NET, MS-SQL, XML Web Services and EDI.
Oct 2001 - Feb 2003
Sr. Project Manager
- Responsible for complete product life cycle of Enterprise Web based Insurance Underwriting Application.
- Project Manager for various global development projects.
- Direct team of three to six developers per project. Utilized a simplified Rational Unified Process (RUP) in most development efforts.
- Business knowledge expert for Insurance underwriting automation.
- Would travel to user’s location to analyze business need and design initial project specifications.
Feb 2001 - Oct 2001
Sr. Product Manager
- Responsible for complete product life cycle of enterprise class Contact management System (Call Center) based on J2EE platform.
- Was one of 3 Product Managers for a Enterprise Suite consisting of E-Commerce, SFA and Call Center Applications.
- Responsible for strategic partnerships and competitor analysis.
- Negotiated major OEM deals and coordinated SLA agreements and final contracts.
- Extensive 3rd party integration was designed and implemented using EAI and custom SDK work and also EJB design in J2EE environment.
- Company was dissolved December, 2001 after funding ran out. GM took ownership of applications and used internal resources to maintain.
Jul 2000 - Feb 2001
Director of Product Development
- Supervised, trained, and mentored five product managers.
- Responsible for ASP (hosted) legal case management, financial management, and document management systems.Oversaw complete product life cycle of several software projects.Most applications were web based with MS-SQL back-end and were designed with C++, VB and ASP.
- Coordinated development, QA, testing, training, integration, and implementation for all software development projects.
- Acted as Product Manager for legal-specific, Web-based (ASP) scheduling application.
- Researched and consulted on company wide communication and hosting architecture.Managed implementation of 3 location Lucent PBX with Cisco VoIP.
- Company was dissolved February, 2001 due to lack of funding.
Dec 1990 - Jun 2000
VP of Technology
- Responsible for all aspects of technology in the company.
- Designed and implemented integration of product line to the Web.This involved streaming compressed ADPCM files (Terabytes of files) via a Real Audio product.Designed and implemented large-scale telecommunication platform including IVR, Unified Messaging, CTI, TTS, and ASR.
- Utilized C++ in an asynchronous, multi-threaded, and distributed environment.Supervised the purchase, design, implementation, and training of a complete state-of-the-art multimedia call center.
- Managed 6 technical departments comprised of 30+ programmers, engineers, and technicians.
- Directed the hiring and mentoring of all technical staff.
- Researched, designed, and supervised install of 2 TB SAN system.
- Responsible for strategic technical direction of the company.