Music, photography, rugby union, travel, my family.
Organised, dead-line oriented graduate with six months public relations and media relations work experience. Thorough understanding of professional and corporate service sector operations with over five years experience. Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks within a high pressure agency or firm environment. Demonstrated ability to identify and write newsworthy content and stories for a range of audiences.
Jul 2011 - Present
- Worked on clients including professional service firms, franchises, trade services, food manufacturing and alcoholic beverage production.
- Wrote and pitched media releases to news media and industry publications nationally, gaining coverage.
- Assisted in the delivery of B2B PR for two national client awards campaigns. Gained extensive media coverage throughout the campaigns nationally, later assisting in the completion of post campaign reporting, including the implementation of new measurement tools.
- Assisted with the launch of a new product and national touring event for a major iconic national client. Contributed by writing media releases, successfully obtaining strong coverage across print, radio and television media nationally.
- Provided research on production supply and theming for the event. The event successfully launched across Queensland and NSW and will continue nationally throughout 2011 and 2012.
- Wrote editorial content for franchise and financial services industry publications.
- Wrote blog posts and newsletter content as required by the agency.
Sep 2010 - Sep 2011
Full time studies to complete degree.
Apr 2011 - Jun 2011
- Worked on a range of clients including franchises, property development, construction, professional service firms, member organisations and assisted with a BBS community engagement survey.
- Assisted in writing media releases, writing one for a professional legal services client that received coverage in The Australian.
- Conducted interviews.
- Created, and maintained media lists for specific media campaigns.
- Wrote introductory letters that have been used for business development proposals with potential clients.
- Assisted PR consultants with other writing tasks as required.
Jun 2011 - Jun 2011
- Wrote for community volunteer organisations, not-for-profit organisations, construction industry, and retail.
- Assisted in writing media alerts, media releases and newsletter content for clients, securing coverage for a community volunteer organisation across regional Queensland.
- Created media lists for use with media plans.
- Conducted a social media analysis for a client, providing detailed results and recommendations to assist in developing a social media strategy for the client.
Sep 2009 - Sep 2010
Outbound Marketing Consultant
- Delivered outbound insurance sales and administration across domestic portfolios.
- Delivered organisational marketing campaigns.
- Identified and monitored trends in consumer purchasing behaviours, regularly communicating feedback, including media response to marketing management team.
Dec 2007 - Sep 2009
Business Operations Constultant
- Presented business performance reporting results to executive management.
- Implemented and managed business unit intranet and SharePoint internal communication channel.
- Wrote regular articles, newsletter posts and related stories for internal publication on SharePoint channel, sharing staff and business unit achievements, awards and internal change communication.
- Wrote process improvement recommendation documents for business unit.
- Created multimedia presentations and slide shows for use at corporate events and awards. Business won state and national award from this presentation.
- Created and successfully implemented process improvement recommendation for recruitment process of the business unit.