- 12 years experience of working and living overseas – 10 years in China, 2 years in UK
- Experienced in managing international projects from conceptual to go-live phase.
- Built and migrated call centre operations from US, UK and Europe to Beijing, China.
- Well versed in ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) best practices.
- Able to understand a company or an organisation's needs not only from a technical or IT standpoint, but also how it relates back to the business.
- Recruitment experience for personnel of various background to help maximise productivity, increase profit margin and excellence in service delivery.
- Experienced in risks mitigation and disaster recovery.
- Customer and client-focused individual who is committed to quality in every task - from personal interaction with colleagues and users to high level of service provided to clients.
- Enthusiastic learner who quickly grasp concepts and technical skills.
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial skills.
- Resourceful, dependable and able to troubleshoot issues and problems quickly and efficiently.
- Built and integrated websites with online payment system - annual average sales of exceeding US$50,000.
- Experienced with various digital marketing techniques and tools - content marketing, email marketing and list building.
- Skilled in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and Social Media management - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Experienced in managing, processing, analyse and manipulating large amount of data.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Chinese (Mandarin/Putonghua China Standard), Malay and Filipino.
- Author of eBook: Start Your Own Business - iPhone Repairs and Unlocks - sold more than 120 digital copies.
- Founder of North Borneo Historical Society (25,000+ members).
Aug 2013 - Present
Owner and Founder
RK Digital Shoppe, Malaysia
- Self-owned start-up selling niche digital products and services on multiple websites built using WordPress which generate average annual sales of more than US$50,000.
- Constantly implementing various SEO techniques to build ranking on Google and Alexa, increase organic traffic, Facebook and Google AdWords campaigns, data analysis through Google Analytics and setting up online store and PayPal integration.
- Using content marketing techniques by writing unique and valuable articles on the web to build organic web traffic.
- Using the power of YouTube to build free web traffic to generate leads and sales.
- www.beijingiphonerepair.com - tech blog providing free tutorials on repairing iPhones.
- www.northborneohistory.com - historical blog of Sabah (North Borneo).
- www.imeiplanet.com - wholesale site for unlocking smartphones.
- www.ikeaonline.com.my - service related blog to help people buy things from IKEA.
- www.lifeinmy.com - own blog that covers topics on tech, lifestyle, money, events, food and travels.
- www.mestishare.com - Malay language blog on trending topics on the web.
- www.discovertawau.com - information portal for a coastal town called Tawau in Sabah, Malaysia.
Jul 2009 - Aug 2013
Information Systems Manager
International School of Beijing, China
- Successfully implemented and migrated new information systems called BlackBaud Education Edge (www.blackbaud.com) and web-based Pinnacle online gradebook (www.globalscholar.com).
- Managed MS SQL Server 2008 and Windows 2008 servers which are the primary backend systems to the information systems databases.
- Provided day-to-day technical support to approximately 4,800 people in the community that includes students, parents, staff and teachers.
- Created various tutorials and technical documents for end users' work requirements.
- Worked with US-based software vendors on developing API (application programming interface) for integrating various databases.
- Attended Microsoft SQL and Crystal Reports training in Denver, Chicago and New York, USA.
- Worked with ICT Manager on implementing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 on school’s intranet and setting up electronic report cards for parents’ access.
- Assisted various departments with improving and streamlining business processes using readily available electronic and online tools.
- Initiated and implemented a remote data disaster recovery plan.
Feb 2009 - Jul 2009
Beijing 95teleweb Information Co., Ltd, China
- Managed the operations of an offshore multi-lingual hotel reservation call centre for a UK company called Octopus Travel (www.octopus.com) working in partnership with a US-based outsourcing company Aegis PeopleSupport.
- Successfully transitioned call centres from various parts of the world to Beijing, China.
- Involved in hiring and supervising a team of call centre agents originating from Italy, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Greece, UAE and China.
- Provided floor support to agents in handling customers’ issues related to hotel bookings.
- Achieved a sales conversion rate target of 20% during the first 3 months of operations.
- Visited Aegis PeopleSupport centre in Manila, Philippines to learn about call centre best practices.
Oct 2008 - Feb 2009
Customer Support and Sales Manager
Morodo Technology Dev. Co. Ltd, Beijing, China
- Managed the customer support and sales department for a company which specializes on developing software for smartphones.
- Directly supervised a team of 12 support representatives who provide technical support to more than 70,000 registered customers worldwide - in 6 languages including French, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian and Chinese.
- Successfully recruited and expanded the team from 6 to 12 people in a short period of 1.5 months.
- Worked actively with the web development team for improving the website’s (www.mo-call.com) user interface.
- Handled customers’ complains and escalations.
- Conducted weekly training on customer handling skills, sales, communication skills and telephone/email etiquettes.
- Coordinated the work for sending out monthly electronic newsletters (EDM) and promotional campaign to customers.
- Increased sales activities by setting monthly sales targets.
- Improved customer handling workflow by introducing processes and omitting unnecessary and repetitive tasks.
- Monitored emails, live chats and telephone calls handled by support representatives to maintain quality of service.
- Initiated a 24x7 support beginning the end of December 2008 by designing rosters, shift coverage and drafting night shift allowance policy.
- In-charged of updating the customer support training manual.
Feb 2008 - Oct 2008
IT Service Desk Manager
Symphony Teleca (Beijing) Co. Ltd, China
- Managed the operations of an offshore Level 1 support IT call centre for one of North America’s biggest data and records management companies called Iron Mountain Inc. (approximately 15,000 employees worldwide).
- Successfully migrated the Level 1 support from Pennsylvania, USA to Beijing, China.
- Actively involved from the conceptual to go-live phase.
- Worked together with HR team in recruiting and building a team of 20 people consisting of 17 support analysts and 3 team leads.
- Coordinated with third party vendor for setting up the leased line connection provided by AT&T between US and China.
- Involved in setting up firewall, router and Nortel IP phone systems.
- Reached a gross profit margin of approximately 40% based on the total number of headcounts.
- Coordinated the knowledge transition (KT) phase which involved in bringing 2 US-based trainers from Pennsylvania, USA to provide training to analysts.
- Developed delivery plan and ITIL process documents as the official service delivery documentation.
- Actively handled client’s expectations and resolve any escalations or complains.
- Put up processes in place to improve operational stability and efficiency.
- Performed weekly update with the stakeholders to review issues and delivery metrics.
- Utilised industry standard tool for IT management - HP Open View Service Center for managing incident tickets.
- Setup long term training plan for the analysts including technical, customer service, communication and English skills.
Mar 2004 - Feb 2008
Help Desk Engineer
International School of Beijing, China
- 4 years of successful experience managing the school’s IT help desk and leading a team of 4 technicians.
- Provided first and second level technology support to over 400 staff and 1900 students from more than 40 different countries.
- Provided prompt, accurate, and respectful support to users, employing high degree of customer-service skills and technical expertise while ensuring end user satisfaction.
- Developed a desktop program with Visual Basic that allows users access shared network drives, emails, workgroups printers and online IT help desk request.
- Developed a new and more user-friendly hardware inventory database with Microsoft Access 2003 and migrated the inventory data from an old Filemaker Pro database.
- Successfully assisted in master hard drive image creation, upgrading, cloning and quality control of over 1000 desktops and laptops to Windows XP Professional.
- Created and updated all software and operating system installation procedures, knowledge base, technical tutorials and all school’s technology-related documents.
- Researched, planned, supervised and executed yearly IT hardware upgrade and replacement cycles.
2001 - 2003
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics
University of Surrey, UK
1998 - 2001
Diploma in Multimedia Technology Engineering
Universiti Putra Malaysia
Implementing a MS SQL Server 2008 Database
New Horizons Computer Learning Centre of Singapore
Microsoft Excel 2010 - Level II
New Horizons Computer Learning Centre, New York City, USA
Crystal Reports XI - Level I
New Horizons Computer Learning Centre, Colorado, USA
2010 Pinnacle Pre-Conference Institute
Crystal Reports, SQL Queries, SQL Views and Stored Procedures