Lead Fibre Network Designer
Lead Fibre Network Designer - UK and Ireland
- Design and survey of fibre network expansion for Virgin Media in UK and SIRO in Ireland.
- Streamlined current build methodology and process to increase productivity.
- Delivered 14500 home FTTH design for Virgin Media.
- Currently working on new FTTB network build in Ireland for SIRO using electrical utility duct.
- Created new software for design - this combined with process improvements has led to an 800% increase in productivity of team with a substantial increase in both quality and accuracy of final product.
- Automation of BoM/BoQ generation to enable early return on investment analysis.
- New system includes use of Spatial SQL database with QGIS front end for data entry and export.
- Reporting to senior management design figures and performance against agreed KPI metrics
- Assigning day to day tasks to design team including surveying work in the field
- Development of key processes and systems of work
- Training of new team members
- Creating documentation of new systems of work and processes
- Management of Sharepoint and revision control
- Final design QA
- Ownership of design project and associated HLD
- Point of Contact for Vendor relationship with SIRO and contractor PSCS
- Agree design changes in the field with PSCS and instruct design team to carry out changes.
- Survey of overhead and underground electrical network to find solutions to reroutes
- Evaluate current processes and adjust where necessary