Collin County District Attorney's Office
Dec 2000 - Oct 2012
Citizen Prosecutor Academy Organizer, Appellate Felony Legal Assistant, Trial Team Felony Legal Assistant, Felony Legal Assistant Family Justice Division, County Court at Law 3 Court Secretary, Intake Secretary
- Citizen Prosecutor Academy – Organizing and weekly operations of the Citizen Prosecutor Academy arranging speakers, compiling class notebooks, weekly preparation to ensure a successful class each week.
- Preparation and management of all legal documents and files for the 417th Juvenile Court docket, filing of court records working closely with the District Clerk’s Office, prosecuting attorneys and defense attorneys, and various Judges and their staff members.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism working with juvenile matters. Manage statistical reporting data through Excel and Access.
- Representing the Juvenile Division of the DA’s office during the Odyssey software conversion process and configuration.
- Duties through the District Attorney’s Office also include having acted as daily “interim” court administrator for the juvenile court referees until the 417th Judicial District Court officially came online.
- Worked with Protective Order applicants through the application process.
- Assisting with CPS document preparation as needed.
- Assist investigator with photo preparation for trials.
- Appellate Division-Preparing briefs for submission to the Court of Appeals.