Qualifications and training courses:
- Institute of Fire Engineers Diploma: Incident command and operation.
- Institute of Fire Engineers Level 3 certificate: Fire operations and fire science.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health: Managing health and safety.
- Skills for Justice level three: Initial incident command.
Skills For Justice level three: Providing trauma care/first on scene.
- Skills For Justice level three: Education and training.
- Assessed to Watch Manager 7 as per National Occupational Standard.
- Direct line manager to team of eight (CFRS).
- Competent user of breathing apparatus.
- Competent in use of rope rescue equipment.
- Incident-command-assessed to be officer in charge of a fire appliance.
- Advanced trauma technician - deliver first-aid training to fire service personnel.
- Emergency fire appliance driver.
- Watch-based road traffic collision instructor.
- Foam operation unit operative.
- Hose laying lorry operative.
- Level II Union Representative in Health and Safety.
- First-rate communicator adept at delivering training programmes to individuals and groups.
- Strong team player with excellent influencing and mentoring skills.
- Possess a natural ability to forge strong relations with stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly resourceful, confident and calm under pressure.