Director of Marketing
Creative Converting, Hoffmaster Group, Inc.
Directed marketing, product development, and communications for printed paper tableware and party accessory products, including the $60MM Paper Art brand, and the $15MM Sensations brand.
- Successfully drove strategy to solidify brand identities and integrate marketing for the Creative Expressions and Converting product lines following the sale of the companies to a private equity group in 2007.
- Increased productivity and profitability of the combined product lines by eliminating over 2000 skus (15%) and reducing inventory by almost 30% while maintaining sales and product distribution.
- Directed, planned, analyzed, and successfully delivered a targeted new product and category development initiative leading to the largest new product program in company history, and the launch of the most comprehensive solid color program in the industry.
- Spearheaded creative development for all product and packaging needs annually with both internal and external design resources for a dynamic fashion drive tableware business, leading to expanded design placement and product distribution across specialty retail account base.
- Merged two customer promotion and pricing strategies to create a more simplified and productive structure.
- Coordinated with VP of Sales, and National and Regional Sales Managers to develop high-performing custom and private label programs for major party and big box retailers, including 300+ party store chains, Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, and Albertsons.
- Provided financial support for the business, including in-depth analysis and strategic recommendations for sku rationalization, marketing budgets, annual, quarterly, and monthly volume plans, product forecasts, line pricing, and profitability analysis.
- Negotiated licensing agreements with art and entertainment properties resulting in strong collaborative relationships and incremental volume of up to $3MM annually.
Group Product Manager
- Directed and led the strategic direction for the Paper Art and Party Creations brands of partware.
- Identified and implemented over $150M in actionable cost savings for internationally sourced products.
- Reduced obsolescence and minimized inventory investment through the development of new forecasting and ordering procedures, leading to a 13% reduction in on hand inventory.
- Drove consumers to company website by researching and writing creative content for a new section devoted to everyday party themes.
- Directed collateral material development with internal and external creative resources, resulting in a streamlined catalog format, new selling material formats, and more focused line presentations.
- Led research and analysis of trends in home décor, retail, fashion, and toys to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Participated in marketing activities related to the sale of the company in 2007.