Senior Vice President, Information Technology
Surgical Care Affiliates, LLC (SCA)
SURGICAL CARE AFFILIATES, LLC, BIRMINGHAM, AL 2007-2009Senior Vice President, Information Technology (CIO)
Managed the buildup and transition of all aspects of IT service delivery for a $600-million startup organization, including budgeting, staffing, in/outsource strategy, telecommunications strategy, governance, support, project management, and infrastructure services. Built service catalog and vendor relationships, including hosting management, ERP support and management, telecom, WAN/routers, hardware, desktop support, wireless, security, and asset tracking. Oversaw operating budget in excess of $14 million and capital budget in excess of $6 million.
- Executed successful separation of IT services from former parent company to full independence.
- Executed outsourced data center and services transition including: 11 terabytes of data, server virtualization from 160 to 121, 154 database instances, 165 Blackberry users, 80 major applications, 130 remote facilities, 156 network devices, 2,300 desktops/laptops, and 3,400 nationwide users.
- Completed outsourced-services transition on time, below $4.1 million budget, and with $0 negative impact on company cash flow.
- Transitioned all corporate-office technology to a new home-office location, on time and below $1.1 million budget.
- Negotiated $2.5 million in cost savings on IT sourcing services fees over a five-year contract term.
- Negotiated $400,000 in annual cost savings on existing telecom services.
- Negotiated $350,000 in cost savings on consulting engagement for IT sourcing selection.
- Replaced desktop/laptop hardware vendor to generate $0.5 million in savings with hardware refresh cycle.
- Designed voice-over-IP strategy that will realize company $4 million annually when fully deployed.
- Built department from 3 staff on Day 1 to 65 blended in/outsourced staff.
- Oversaw automation of daily dashboards, reporting, and budgeting through selection and implementation of business-intelligence tool.