- 10+ years experience in technology marketing across disciplines: marcom, programs, field, events/tradeshows and channel.
- Managed team and workflow to produce highly professional corporate, product and channel materials during company re-brand, producing 150+ new, updated and redesigned documents, including collateral, sales tools, white papers, case studies, brochures, advertising, event signage, and the like.
- Corporate and product-focused marketing programs: create and manage programs created both internally and in partnership with industry media, analysts, & professional organizations from concept through ROI measurement and tracking. Experience with Salesforce.com creating campaigns, managing leads through sales cycle with telemarketing/sales teams and reporting.
- Increase impact and interactivity of marketing efforts by implementing new innovative technologies such as video, interactive microsites and personalized URLs. Created first personalized interactive campaign at SurfControl increasing response rate from ~3% to over 15%. Introduced first video-enabled marketing program for Websense channel partners.
- M.A. in Journalism with excellent writing and editing skills and experience writing for corporate communications, public relations, collateral, marketing programs, and employee newsletters/magazines. Portfolio available upon request.
- Extensive experience leading cross-functional teams (marketing, sales, product marketing, channel partners) to produce successful marketing programs, tradeshows and events. Open, cooperative, team-focused management style that gets results and builds strong relationships across multiple departments.
Field & Channel Marketing
- Success creating and managing field marketing programs for both Direct Sales and for the Channel including tradeshows, seminars, webcasts, direct/email campaigns, executive relationship-building events, case studies, speaking engagements, etc.
- Strong background working directly with sales management, field sales reps and channel partners to create customized and highly- targeted marketing programs to achieve regional sales quotas of up to $60m+ per year.
- Build relationships and execute marketing plans with partners of all levels and types ranging from strategic OEM partners & national VARS such as Microsoft, Accuvant and Fishnet Security to smaller regional system integrators and partners.
- Consistently achieve revenue goals of over 10x event/campaign investment within 3 months of marketing activity.
- Achieved 800% ROI for tradeshow program that helped grow IT Security company from $13M to $40M in 3 years & sold for $255mM. $500k annual program budget produced over $4M in revenue each year.
- Winner of 2002 Exhibitor Magazine Sizzle Award and 2007 Award Nominee for Excellence in Event Marketing.
- Increased leads at key industry events by up to 95% year over year while at SurfControl by creating unique, interactive exhibits.
- Managed event and tradeshow program budgets of $500K to $7M at companies of all sizes: large (IBM, McAfee), medium (SurfControl), and at a very successful start-up (PentaSafe).
- Experience managing international exhibits and working with local marketing teams to maintain corporate brand standards across tradeshows and events throughout the US, EMEA and APAC.