Network Communications Analyst
- Based in the Los Angeles area and reported via phone, pager, voice mail and email to the local managers, users and to my manager in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Daily travel to the six Los Angeles County Hospitals and three business offices to maintain the communications, software and printing of our system in the ever changing LA County environment. ____________________________________________ Primary Technical Lead in two county-wide projects:
COMMUNICATIONS SERVER PROJECT
- Replacement of a direct-wired terminal system at each hospital with a LAN-based Communications Server system to bring mainframe access to the users desktop PC
- Met with local managers, IT staff, and users to identify system specifications and user requirements
- Coordination with vendors for ISDN phone line installations, equipment ordering and installation and user software configuration for each hospital
New system utilizing the existing hospital Wide Area Network to connect to our Data Center mainframe. Responsibilities included:
- Onsite collection and documentation of 700+ IP addresses, user names and locations for each PC in the Los Angeles County DHS system that would need to access our mainframe
- Order coordination and installation of the T1 line, modem and router at the central downtown location
- Software installation and testing in coordination with each county hospital IT department, our North Carolina support staff and Iowa Data Center network engineers to ensure local user to McKesson mainframe connectivity
- Coordination of previous system equipment removal and ISDN service terminations as each hospital came online with the new system
Assisted in the development of two mainframe-access software applications by our support staff in North Carolina. Performed onsite beta testing, software installation and configuration to all users.
____________________________________________ OTHER MCKESSON EXPERIENCE
Prior to assignment with the Los Angeles County hospital contract, I was a PC Repair Technician for our Physicians Systems division. My responsibilities included:
- In-house troubleshooting and repair of personal computers, computer displays, large format hard disk drives, tape drives and both desktop and high capacity printers
- Repair department inventory control including supplying repaired, tested and packaged parts to field technicians across the country
- Computer equipment troubleshooting and replacement as a Field Service Representative at remote client sites throughout Southern California.