Stationery & Asset Administrator
Procurement and Control of Stationery Supplies
• Order, maintain and control required stationery stock levels at all times. This includes
– placing and controlling standard orders and special orders in line with limits of
authority and oversight from the Team Leader
– conducting regular stock takes to ensure that stock levels are sufficient
– Ensuring that stock spread sheet records are up to date and that it reflects exactly
what is in the store room.
– Ensuring with every order; a quote, delivery notes and invoice are attached prior to
sending it for authorisation to the General Office Team Leader.
– Providing reports on stock usage and wastage levels and recommend ways to
– Ensuring that deliveries correspond with orders. This includes signing of delivery
notes and acknowledging that everything was received.
– Conducting quality checks on the goods/ supplies delivered and return substandard/
– Checking, authorising and signing all invoices and forward these to the General Office
– Sorting all incoming stationery goods in line with order specifications.
– Ensuring all label requirements sent from internal staff are done timeously (Hollis
– Manually distributing stationery and internal labels (Hollis Labels) promptly and
efficiently to all areas of the firm.
– Reconciling and reporting on monthly spend for budget control purposes. Providing a
monthly spread sheet that reflects all the monthly usage of stationery.
Assisting the Team Leader with the following:
• Adhoc Fleet Administration
• Assist with Asset Management relating to all the firm's assets. Capturing new assets
onto our Asset Management System (EAM) and maintaining of all assets and their
Liaise with suppliers on a day-to-day basis to ensure that supplies are delivered as per
service level agreements and to address any problems and/or urgent requests.
Negotiate bulk pricing agreements with support from the General Office Team Leader:
Scan the environment to identify alternative suppliers and/or brands that could provide
more cost effective supplies without compromising quality and service levels.
Ad Hoc Support Duties
• Perform additional ad hoc admin support duties as and when required.
• Assist others in the General Office team with monthly reports if/when there is an
opportunity to do so.
Key performance measures
Procurement of stationery supplies kept within budget
Cost savings introduced through effective ordering and the identification of alternative
• Internal and external customer satisfaction measured through 360 feedback from all
stakeholders e.g. efficient ordering and distribution of stationery supplies and special
• Number of complaints/ compliments received.
• Availability of stock – adequate stock levels.
• Accuracy of orders.
• Turnaround times for orders to be fulfilled.
• Quality of stationery stock items ordered.
• Orderliness and tidiness of stationery storeroom. Filing must be up to date and stock
spread sheet must be kept up to date.
• Stock usage & wastage levels e.g. envelopes need to retain their stickiness etc..
• Assisting with driver/vehicle administration
• Assisting with improving efficiency of service
• Monitor/administer general office projects
Learning & Growth
– Up-to-date knowledge of the firm i.e. the ability to recognise and greet board
members, partners, practice group leaders & their PA's by name.
– Up-to-date knowledge of stationery items in stock
– Up-to-date knowledge of brands and price lists for stationery supplies.
– Knowledge on courier and court procedures