Stationery & Asset Administrator
Procurement and Control of Stationery Supplies
• Order, maintain and control required stationery stock levels at all times. This includes
– placing and controlling standard orders and special orders in line with limits of
authority and oversight from the Team Leader
– conducting regular stock takes to ensure that stock levels are sufficient
– Ensuring that stock spread sheet records are up to date and that it reflects exactly
what is in the store room.
– Ensuring with every order; a quote, delivery notes and invoice are attached prior to
sending it for authorisation to the General Office Team Leader.
– Providing reports on stock usage and wastage levels and recommend ways to
– Ensuring that deliveries correspond with orders. This includes signing of delivery
notes and acknowledging that everything was received.
– Conducting quality checks on the goods/ supplies delivered and return substandard/
– Checking, authorising and signing all invoices and forward these to the General Office
– Sorting all incoming stationery goods in line with order specifications.
– Ensuring all label requirements sent from internal staff are done timeously (Hollis
– Manually distributing stationery and internal labels (Hollis Labels) promptly and
efficiently to all areas of the firm.
– Reconciling and reporting on monthly spend for budget control purposes. Providing a monthly spread sheet that reflects all the monthly usage of stationery.
-Order firms refreshments, manage usage, keep records of usage.
- day-to-day work allocation, supervision and control of the firm's courier and messaging services including staffing capacity, workflow, work volumes and productivity levels of drivers and messengers.
- fleet of courier vehicles in line with corporate image and road traffic requirements by ensuring that the vehicles are roadworthy, are maintained in good working order and serviced regularly, are clean at all times, are fuelled and are licensed.
- all vehicle expenses and submission vehicle maintenance and fuel vouchers to finance for processing and payment.
- Adhoc project administration
Assist with Asset Management relating to all the firm's assets. Capturing new assets
onto our Asset Management System (EAM) and maintaining of all assets and their
Liaise with suppliers on a day-to-day basis to ensure that supplies are delivered as per
service level agreements and to address any problems and/or urgent requests.
Negotiate bulk pricing agreements with support from the General Office Team Leader:
Scan the environment to identify alternative suppliers and/or brands that could provide
more cost effective supplies without compromising quality and service levels.
Ad Hoc Support Duties
• Perform additional ad hoc admin support duties as and when required.
• Assist others in the General Office team with monthly reports if/when there is an
opportunity to do so.
Key performance measures
Procurement of stationery supplies kept within budget
Cost savings introduced through effective ordering and the identification of alternative
• Internal and external customer satisfaction measured through 360 feedback from all
stakeholders e.g. efficient ordering and distribution of stationery supplies and special
• Number of complaints/ compliments received.
• Availability of stock – adequate stock levels.
• Accuracy of orders.
• Turnaround times for orders to be fulfilled.
• Quality of stationery stock items ordered.
• Orderliness and tidiness of stationery storeroom. Filing must be up to date and stock
spread sheet must be kept up to date.
• Stock usage & wastage levels e.g. envelopes need to retain their stickiness etc..
• Assisting with driver/vehicle administration
• Assisting with improving efficiency of service
• Monitor/administer general office projects
Learning & Growth
– Up-to-date knowledge of the firm i.e. the ability to recognise and greet board
members, partners, practice group leaders & their PA's by name.
– Up-to-date knowledge of stationery items in stock
– Up-to-date knowledge of brands and price lists for stationery supplies.
– Knowledge on courier and court procedures