Head of worldwide sales, business development and special project management lead.
Managed publication operations and oversaw product launch, marketing and communications functions, brand management, PR, media relations, customer relations, advertising and sales, on a daily basis. I dealt with board-level executives in various industries on sales, business development, negotiations and articles/advertisements.
The company publishes a manufacturing magazine that deals with all sectors of industry, worldwide. Some of them include automotive, aerospace, food/beverage, consumer, pharma/medical, metals/mining, plastics, transportation, and many others. As a result I gained knowledge and experience as to how companies operate, who the decision makers are and how to pinpoint potential customers.
• Helped start up 2 successful magazine titles: “FDQ” (Food & Drink Quarterly) and “Industry Virginia” (in conjunction with the Virginia Manufacturers Association).
• Performed ongoing customer/market research and demographic profiling to identify and capitalize on unmet market needs ahead of the curve.
• Expertise in the sales process: prospecting, cold calling, direct selling, up-selling
• $450,000 - $900,000 sold in advertising space per year for Industry Today.
• $150,000 - $350,000 sold in ad revenue on other publication projects.
• Created concept and copy for promotional campaigns (email, newsletters, social- media) and sales collateral for customers. Conduct proofing and editing of articles and advertisements.
• Expanded client base by over 82.5% by consistent marketing and sales results.