Project Manager/ EAP Tutor/ Teacher Trainer/ Academic Manager
PRINCE2 Foundation in Project Management
The Knowledge Train
M.A. in Applied Linguistics & ELT
King's College London
UCLES Approved CELTA Trainer
Post Graduate Certificate in HRM
B.A. in English Language Teaching and Literature
EMPRETEC Business Entrepreneurship
UP Language Consultants
Jan 2015 - Present
Queen Mary University of London
- Teaching EAP on the International Foundation and the In-sessional support programmes to both home and international students.
- Responsible for IFP students' pastoral care, marking and assessing written and oral work, as well as material design and lesson preparation.
- Active team member in the IFP's personal development sessions whichinvolve preparing students to develop soft skills, study skills and oracy skills through debates, discussion forums, presentations and cultural activities.
- Recently appointed to write materials and design a new bespoke EAPIn-sessional course for the 'Science Without Borders' students. This is aHigher Education Brazilian Government scholarship programme which is managed by the UK HE International Unit.
Sep 2012 - Present
International ESOL Examiner/Online Materials Developer
Trinity College London
- Test planning, exam questions and materials preparation for the ISE (Integrated Skills in English) exams which test Speaking/Listening/Reading/Writing skills as well as the GESE (Graded Examinations in Spoken English) exams which test oracy skills.
- Conduct exam sessions for candidates as young as six years old,teenagers and adults from various nationalities both in the UK and overseas.
- Having a flexible, culturally -sensitive approach to problem-solving,and liaising skills with different stakeholders such as centre reps, teachers, coordinators, school principals and directors.
- Creating useful feedback sessions for teachers in charge of exam preparation classes who need tips and ideas on how to better prepare their students for the exams.
- Member of the materials development team designing exam preparation materials for the online learning management system.
Aug 2014 - Sep 2014
SOAS (University of London)
- Delivering the EAP Pre-sessional programmes through lectures, seminars, tutorials with appropriate guidance and support for students.
- Taking part in standardisation meetings
- Assessment, essay- marking, giving feedback and report-writing
- Developing materials and assisting all programme-related tasks.
- Pastoral care and personal tutorials
Apr 2014 - May 2014
Anglia Ruskin University
- Delivering EAP programmes for Business Pre-sessional international students.
- Assessment, essay-marking, standardisation meetings.
- Dealing with student requests and queries in personal tutorials and pastoral care.
- Liaising with management and teaching staff to organise and development of teaching materials.
- Providing detailed feedback in progress reports.
Jun 2012 - Sep 2012
- Operational management of the EAP pre-sessional programmes.
- Quality assurance of the programmes.
- Providing administrative support and assistance to the Head of English Language Programmes to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Pre-sessional Programmes.
- Monitoring applications, VISAS/CAS letters, student placement and organisation of rooms and timetabling.
- Dealing with student requests and queries.
- Running of staff induction, standardisation meetings and class representative meetings.
- Liaising with IT, Insessional Support Coordinator and library services.
2008 - 2012
Teacher Trainer/ Teacher
Bell International Institute
- Teacher trainer at the Bell Teacher Training campus: Preparing bespoke training courses for overseas teachers on various themes such as: Technology in the classroom, Methodology, Teaching Business English, Language Development and Creativity in the classroom.
- Teacher Trainer in KSU,Saudi Arabia.
- General and Business English teaching to groups and one to one students.
- ESP courses: Aviation English and English for Nursing,
- EAP courses and Exam preparation courses: TEEP exam, IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE exams, .
- Creation of Business English course outlines, syllabus design and materials development.
- Proficient user of IWB and software (Promethean-Active Studio and Smart boards).
2009 - 2010
21st Century Skills Trainer
Elite International Careers
- Consultancy and Corporate training: Leaderships skills, Communication skills and Business skills.
- Designing and delivering both technical and behavioural bespokelearning solutions.
Sep 2008 - Jan 2009
Chelsea Football Club
- ESP training to the management staff, footballers and accompanying family members.
- Programme design and delivery including needs analysis and assessment.
- High confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement compliance.
Jul 2006 - Aug 2008
Director of Corporate Training
UP Language Consultants
- Operational management and line management of over one hundred staff (remote and face-to-face).
- NPD, technical proposals and Clients’ needs analysis through international testing.
- Staff training and development.
- Interdepartmental liaison with IT, Sales & Marketing and HR departmentsin strategic decisions.
- On-going development of the staff intranet in partnership with IT.
- Key member of Board meetings.
- Key member of the HR training and development group.
- Product and service presentations in events and fairs.
- Course planning, design, delivery and quality assurance.
- Staff recruitment programme design and delivery.
Feb 2006 - Jun 2006
Director of Studies
- Responsible for branch management, client needs.analysis and course design.
- Recruitment, management and induction of new staff
- Budget management and Payroll.
- Responsible for British Council accreditation.
- Teaching exam classes (IELTS, Cambridge CPE,CAE and FCE)
- Teaching Portuguese as a foreign language to adults.
Jan 2004 - Nov 2005
Business Skills and Language Trainer/ Teacher Trainer
UP Language Consultants
- In-service Teacher Training workshops.
- CELTA trainer for non-assessed sessions.
- Business English Language training to corporate clients.
- Academic Leader and trainer for topic-based weekend training programmes on: Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills, Team Development and, Meetings.
Apr 2003 - Jul 2005
Partner/ Business Developer
- Development and implementation of Marketing and Business plans.
- Development and delivery of training programmes and operational activities.
- Creation of a Young Learners weekend camp business.
- Staff Recruitment, In-service training and payroll.
- Line Management of teaching and reception staff.
- Internal communication and events organisation..
- Student recruitment and Marketing campaigns design and implementation.
Nov 2002 - Feb 2003
Guest Services Hostess
The Walt Disney Company
- Guest hospitality and greeting.
- Food and beverage services.
- Full customer service training on: Guest service, Food and beverage and
Jul 1995 - Jul 2002
Programme Coordinator/ English Teacher
- Line management of teaching staff.
- Staff recruitment and Timetabling.
- In-service training and induction meetings.
- Materials development.
- Special Events organiser
- Teaching English to Young Learners and Teenagers (all levels).