- Staff volunteer, Royal Family Kids' Camps - taught painting & drawing to abused & neglected kids.
- Presenter/speaker as artist & illustrator for Elementary Schools, Libraries and major Bookstores.
- Presenter at large Homeschool Organization - "Importance of Art in Child Development"
- Hosted community art classes during summers.
- ArtReach Program classroom volunteer at Farwell Elementary School, MI.
- Choir member 5 years, Christian Celebration Center, Midland, MI.
- Soprano in The Singing Christmas Tree production, Center for the Arts, Midland, MI.
- Host/Facilitator of Single Women's Support Group, 2 years.
- Participant/organizer* for Project AngelTree, Project Shoebox, Sharing Tree* and Adopt-a-Family* -Salvation Army*
- Contributor to Projects Rehoboth and Thokomala (Aids orphanages in S. Africa)
ARTIST... watercolorist. art teacher. children's book iIlustrator. graphic artist & designer. juried gallery & art show exhibitor. voice-over talent. on-camera talent. ......and squeezed in there somewhere - legal secretary, medical office manager, and hotel auditor.
Creating and expressing ways to communicate - whether through the computer, painting, or teaching - is Ruth's passion. With her multitude of interests and talents Ruth brings more to the table than top-notch creative - she also brings experience and integrity.
Software includes CorelDraw, QuarkExpress, Adobe Photo, Flowcharter, SoundForge, Microsoft Office, etc.
Open, dynamic and collaborative environments are where creative expression and teamwork are core values and cause cutting-edge ideas and trends - and where Ruth thrives.
Ruth is English - and greatly enjoys being a voice-over and on-camera talent - using both her English and American accents. She has in-home studio recording equipment. Especially enjoys narration.
Followed on the heels...another sweet early childhood story with a purpose.
Designed and illustrated a top NY Times best-seller. A story of love and comfort; about separation anxiety.
From the book
Chester kisses mom before school...
Watercolor on Yupo paper
Graphic Artist, Designer, Art Director - 7 years
- Creative Arts Printing, Denver, CO
- Metrotel, Inc.; Vienna, VA
- Denniberg Advertising, Potomac, MD
- Chesapeak-Tyl Associates, Falls Church, VA - as Art Director
Over 7 years' experience in design, layout/paste-up, typesetting, camera work, prepress (overlays, masking, stripping), and freehand illustrations. Managed project timelines and budgets. Specialized in logo design, corporate branding, and fine illustration. Work included: billboard design, TV ads (advised/coordinated on location), Washingtonian Magazine and newspaper ads, real estate, corporate, and all other print media. Selected and managed vendors: typehouses, printers (print-buying) and photographers.
- Office Manager: Asthma & Allergy Associates, Richard Summers, M.D., Olney, MD
- Office Assistant/Insurance processor: Fairfax Pediatrics, Fairfax, VA
- Hotel Auditor: Brown Palace Hotel, Denver, CO; Ramada Rennaisance Hotel, Dulles/Wash., DC;
- Hotel F&B Assistant & Cashier Trainer: Holiday Inns, Denver, CO
Mar 2004 - Present
The Dow Chemical Company
Legal Assistant - Shared Services, Business Law, and Intellectual Property (global headquarters)
- Highlights: create presentation materials and documents for Mergers & Acquisitions including production of executive-level presentation materials on-the-fly; flowcharts for Intranet; liaison with department managers to craft and execute legal agreements with external companies for Purchasing, Information Systems, and Raw Materials.
- Intellectual Property patent and docketing: patent application prep/proofreading, patent prosecution, maintenance, and routine legal communications with global law partners.
- Office responsibilities: event planning, invoicing, calendaring, travel, procurement; collaborate with paralegal and college co-op; other projects as needed.
- Global Legal OP quarterly newsletter team: design and produce, write articles, handle layout and compilation up to publishing level.
Jul 1998 - Jun 2002
Covenant Life School
- Authored K-8 grade school art curriculum with a fine art/classical view, after extensive research, within a 2 year accreditation process. Program reviewed and accredited by ACSI & MSCS.
- K-8 grade art teacher. Daily classroom lessons and management, activities, lesson planning, budget & inventory tracking, record keeping, grading, student exhibitions, and field trips to Washington, DC and other locations. Average class size: 22.
- Designed and produced fundraiser materials and weekly newsletter.