Senior Program Coordinator
American Society of Civil Engineers
- Provided administrative support for the Executive Committee on Professional Practice and its 13 constituent committees.
- Absorbed 80% administrator decrease, from eight Program Coordinators to one, by reorganizing information transfer systems, computer filing systems and hard copy systems.
- Re-aligned committee responsibilities and bridged gaps between competing factions by using interpersonal skills to persuade committee leaders to communicate more openly and come to agreements.
- Acted as first point of contact for all Professional Practice general information questions, through phone and email, with worldwide ASCE members and frequent direct communication with all 210 staff members on site.
- Assisted in the compilation and dissemination of minutes taken at bi-annual meetings of the Executive Committee and 13 constituent committees in various cities across the US.
- Managed the Professional Issues web pages including updates, expansion and re-design. Created the written wording, spatial design, choice of formatting, choice of links and updating of form data and content on all the web pages related tohttp://www.asce.org/Landing-Pages/Leadership-and-Management/Leadership-and-Management.
- Oversaw the entire the Order of the Engineer Program: created solicitation letters, solicited nominees, administered committee awards programs and designed the website appearance, online forms, scripts and questionnaires athttp://www.asce.org/Content.aspx?id=30076.
- Purchased, stored and shipped all products related to the Order of the Engineer to any location that the ceremony was to take place. Collected all related funds and forwarded to Accounting.
- Designed and coordinated work for all Professional Practice committee books, brochures and reports.
- Developed and created templates for more than 20 types of yearly awards; coordinated printing and shipping to over 100 awardees annually.
- Oversaw administration of the Professional Practice Leader Education and Development (LEAD) Program, an eight month course designed to enhance rising leaders’ and engineers’ confidence and skills.
- Wrote a quarterly State of the Order of the Engineer Report and a yearly report with projections about the general health of the program and its future prospects.
- Re-created a video program that helped engineers to think in terms of design problems. Re-wrote and edited the video program booklet, had the video portion of the program digitized, re-designed the packaging and re-priced the product. Net gain was approximately 80% of sales.