Director of Finance and Operations
THE ANCONA SCHOOL
A leading independent private school serving 250 pre-primary to through middle school students. Ancona sends its students to some of most elite high schools in the greater Chicago area
As Director of Finance and Operations, serves as an essential member of the School's leadership team supervises and directs all non-academic operations of the School, including all aspects of the School's finances, human resources, risk management, and facilities. Key accomplishments:
- Guided the organization through the strategic restructuring of $1M in debt and additional acquisition of investment property.
- Restructured the financial planning, analysis, and budgetary control function to help maximize and leverage financial and non-financial assets of the school
- Coordinated and managed the finances of a $1.8M construction project aimed at improving the schools ability to meet its mission of providing experiential learning opportunities for its students
- Implemented a corporate-wide performance management system to align corporate strategy and tactical goals as a means of strengthening overall teamwork, job satisfaction, and two-way feedback.
- Restructured Facilities function to improve teacher satisfaction and control cost