Senior Market Research Manager
Senior Market Research Manager / Internal Consultant: Designed major international research studies; online research; research vendor management; developed standards and procedures for information services group; managed team web site.
- Performed extensive online research across a wide variety of industries; aided associates in making multi-million dollar decisions.
- Conducted research project from design to analysis and presentation development.Objective was to determine how banks select high-end Deposit Automation ATM’s.Accelerated launch date by 70%.Research was used to develop marketing messages.
- Designed major international research studies including project objectives, survey and interview guides, selection of vendors and project management; accelerated launch dates by 50%-70%.Elevated quality of final vendor draft presentation by adding graphs and editing; vendors conducted blind interviews and surveys. Research areas included the following:
- Product offering for ATM division; global study across nine countries: helped determine optimal product mix.
- Consumer interaction with banks across nine countries: discovered next set of customer needs that demand solutions.
- China Market Strategy: provided executives with detailed recommendations, resulting in millions in revenue.
- New Product Decision – viability of development:led to decision to not develop, saving $5M.
- Discovered expert who provided Porter’s Five Forces analysis on an adjacent market for a potential acquisition.Provided project management and delivered in a 75% accelerated timeframe.Aided M&A team in acquisition decision.
- Located expert who assisted Diebold in successfully positioning personalized marketing software for banks and understanding competitive landscape.Provided project management.VP positioned product for growth, resulting in revenue increase.
- Developed corporate-wide “LEAD” (Leader’s Advantage at Diebold) program to encourage associate leadership skill development.Brought in nationally known speakers and Diebold executives to LEAD program; held networking lunches.
- Managed budget of $1M for contracted vendors and special research projects. Identified, evaluated and procured access to data sources.Negotiated favorable rates.Proactively developed strong working relationship with vendors and research analysts which encouraged vendors to cover topics of interest to Diebold and to write about Diebold in their reports.
- Built strong demand for research services by building relationships with teams throughout the company.
- Developed standard group procedures including standardized request form, CI ethics policy and customer service standards.
- Provided detailed recommendations to Customer Satisfaction Team for yearly global research study.
- Managed team web site; trained assistants in contributing content.Developed efficient content management methods.
- Developed and presented executive-level industry trends instructional discussions for top customers.
- Wrote hard-hitting and engaging commentaries regarding competitors and current events in the ATM industry, regularly receiving accolades from executive management extolling my writing style.