I am a confident, hard working individual with interests in drama and the performing arts. Alongside my studies I volunteer at my Student Union and also in community programs such as the community run cafe 'Martha and Mary's' in Heaton, Newcastle. In my spare time I also volunteer for Perspective Productions, a film organisation that aims to give a voice to minorities in society.
May 2015 - Jun 2015
- Managing multiple groups of children aged 11-18 simultaneously.
- Completing any and all tasks asked of me within each one hour class.
- Completing tasks asked of me by teachers and superior staff members as soon as possible when asked.
- Taking charge of a class when required of me.
- Giving individual attention to struggling students or students that may have required extra help.
- Maintaining a focused and energetic atmosphere in the classroom.
BA (Hons) Drama and Scriptwriting
Sep 2013 - Present
- Facilitation and entrepreneurship
- Film Writing.
- Professional Directions
- Approaches to Performance
- The Physical Actor.
- Writing for Television and Radio.
- Contemporary Performance.
Sep 2011 - Aug 2013
Hanson Academy Sixth Form
Drama: Distinction* Distinction*
Sep 2006 - Jul 2011
9 GCSE passes including English A and Mathematics C.
Sep 2014 - Present
Staff Writer/ Crew Member/ Social Networking
- Maintaining a happy, healthy line of communication between actors and executive staff.
- Resolving issues between members of cast and/or crew.
- Distributing scripts and details of productions to the appropriate team members on time.
- Buying costume both appropriate to the character and cost effective to the organisation.
- Update all social network platforms with relevant content.
Northumbria Student's Union
Sep 2014 - May 2015
Scriptwriting Society Tresurer
- Monitoring amounts of money entering and exiting the society's accounts.
- Making sure each member of the society paid their membership.
- Worked alongside the two other team members to make sessions exciting and worthwhile for members.
- Attend rallies and fairs to advertise to advertise the society.
- Creating a friendly, laid back atmosphere for members to feel comfortable sharing their writing with the group.
Proficient with MS Word, Publisher, PPT Presentations as well as Photoshop and Premier Pro video editing software.
Full clean license as of 2014
I am passionate about the power of social media and believe them to be important in modern business. I am competent with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Team work is an important part of any creative practice and for me is one of the most enjoyable aspects on the Performing Arts. Building lost lasting relationships with people throughout the process as you conquer new challenges and projects together, learning how the other works and the best way to support fellow team members.
Cooking and Baking
I believe a healthy body is dictated by the food we consume and as such cooking is something I take a huge interest in. Finding new recipes and creating something that not only looks good but also tastes great and is good for the body is something I greatly enjoy. I especially like cooking for my friends and hosting dinner parties which require planning and good time keeping skills.
Working as a writer alongside studying films has lead me to enjoy the close analysis of the ethics in the media. Being socially aware is incredibly important to being a good creator of media and also to work effectively as part of a team. This analysis also allows me to pay close attention to details, which in turn allows me to be aware of anything counter-productive.