“Good leaders are made not born. If you have the desire and willpower, you can become an effective leader. Good leaders develop through a never ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience” (Author Unknown)
Achieve a career change into a challenging position that will fully utilize newly acquired, and academically enhanced managerial and leadership abilities. Ready to use transferable skills forged from hard work and learning opportunities. Currently a twenty year veteran in the fast paced operations of a Fortune 500 class 1 railroad, responsible for the safe and on time movements of multi-million dollar mineral, agricultural, metals, consumer goods, forest, paper, chemical, automotive and intermodal shipments by rail.
CORE STRENGHTS & COMPENTENCIES
Business Case DevelopmentNegotiationProject Management
Strategic PlanningChange ManagementResearch
Real Estate Lease/SalesProblem SolvingProcess Improvement
Oct 2000 - Present
Rail Traffic Controller
- Direct and coordinate the safe movement of railroad traffic, and supervise on-track workforces from our Divisional Operations Center.
- Responsible for the efficient crewing of originating and relay trains, and also coordinates the proper balancing of crews to maintain operational congruency and budgetary control, during normal shift operations.
- Communicates with the proper personnel to devise strategies for the most effective and cost saving movement of high value trains.
- Proven team player and respected achiever.
- Ancillary duties include supervise, strategic planning, long-range planning, cost control and to make go/no-go decisions
Major Accomplishment – Selected for the CSX Associate Development program (November 2007 to November 2008). Privileged to work with an Assistant Divisional Manager, in a mentoring setting, in which we focused on networking, goal setting, project management, process improvement (Six Sigma), strategic planning, presentation skills, team building, leadership, communication and human relations.
Aug 1989 - Oct 2000
Terminal Rail Traffic Controller
- Maintained safe and efficient movement of railroad traffic, and supervision of workforces on a specified territory.
- Assigned group assisted with daily strategic planning for the movements of train and railway forces within our specified territory.
- One of many important responsibilities was to communicate daily with local fortune 500 industries regarding rail movements, such as Ford and GM.
- Completed ISO 9002 certification training.
- Achievements included creating a work procedure manual for new employees in our yard office, and assisting with improving customer relations within our terminal.
Jun 1986 - Jul 1989
Sales / Customer Service
TCI Cable Vision
- Served as marketing representative responsible for direct sales and securing easements.
- Assigned group performed customer service in a call center environment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting customer problems and dispatching service personnel
All Microsoft Office Programs
Disaster Housing Inspector
Real Estate Broker
Coursework: Theory and Practices of Leadership / Legal Issues for Managers / Finance for Managers / Advanced Marketing Management / Managerial Economics / Human Relations and Organizational Behavior / Managerial Ethics / Communication in Organizational Settings / Motivation Development and Change / Management of International Business / Strategy Formulation