Senior Executive experienced in steering profitable business transformation while exceeding revenue and profit benchmarks in early stage growth organizations.Change agent that quickly identifies and reverses inefficiencies enhancing productivity and delivering bottom-line benefit to build organizational growth and sustainability.
2010 - Present
SVP Sales and Marketing
- Established a sales force to sell services to HIM departments in Hospitals and Health Systems across the US.
- Incorporated the sale of new services to customers and prospects including imaging, coding, ICD-10, CDI and RAC lines of business.
- Grew annual sales from $5.5M in 2010 to $11.8M in 2011.
- As of June 2012 sales for new services are at the annual goal of $16M.
- Work as an integral part of Senior Management to assist in determining company goals and direction.
2010 - Present
SVP Sales & Marketing
- Chartered to build a sales organization to grow ROI business as well as incorporate new services (Imaging and Coding) to be sold to new and existing customers
- Working with Senior Executives to establish a new market image and brand. Redesigning the website and implementing tools to more effectively communicate with customers and prospects.
- Increased sales from $5.5M in 2010 to $11.5M in 2011. As of June 2012, the IOD sales team has achieved the annual sales goal of $16M.
- Work as part of the Senior Executive team to assist with company vision and direction.
2008 - 2010
Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing
- Reversed $5M in annual losses to breakeven in less than 18 months, cutting costs and securing net sales growth despite 50% workforce reduction; initiated customer retention and marketing strategies.
- Introduced leading-edge technology solutions to hospitals and health systems to increase health record accessibility 100%; initiated and implemented a Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model to enhance tangible results, return on investment, and affordability.
- Collaborated with EMC to diversify storage and imaging presence in healthcare space with e-HIM pre-packaged solution as either an in-house or SaaS offering.
- Played integral role in preparing and executing company's sale to Hyland Software in 2010.
2006 - 2008
Senior Vice President of Sales
- Held vital executive role in sale of release of information (ROI) and legal electronic record software company at 1.3 times above annual revenue ($98M); overcame unique market challenges.
- Accelerated sales from $8M with 15% contribution margin to $10M with 40% contribution margin by reorganizing sales force to drive paired service/solution sales; surpassed targets for first time in company's history.
- Established solution selling to more effectively drive sales of company's service and technology offerings.
- Designated specific goals for sales reps, including quota attainment, outbound call prospecting, referral network building, and comprehensive reference base developing.
Jan 2005 - Dec 2005
RVP of West New Business
1982 - 2004
Siemens Medical Solutions
Regional Vice President
- Produced 130% of sales quota by capturing $120M in annual revenue.
- Managed largest regional sales office, directing senior management partnerships, market share growth, brand awareness, and account development for company’s most lucrative territory.
1978 - 1982
Penn State University
Principle-based management and leadership style; highly motivated manager/team player Utilization of integrity and ethics in every step of the sales cycle and customer lifecycle Expertise developing the strategy, leading implementation and the enhancement of a highly leveraged Strong conceptual sales skills and advanced skills in selling business value and leading edge solutions Ability to incorporate sales methodologies, tools, and disciplined process to gain competitive advantage Demonstrated success conducting sales and building relationships in a highly demanding and rapidly changing environment; satisfy customers and build high value relationships with customers, internal team members, and business partners Strong writing, public speaking, communication and organizational skills